Avoid tripping the elec. - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 17-12-2020, 23:55

My Motorhome: Autosleeper Pollensa 2002 on Peugeot Boxer 2.8HDi
Thanks for the kind feedback, folks, it's nice to be appreciated.

Truth is Geoff I've never really been away, however without wishing to bring any disharmony, I have to say I come here much less often these days than I used to, as the majority of the threads seem to now be political or on non-motorhome related subjects.

When I do see the occasional relevant question that I may be able to help with, I then am happy to chuck in my two penn'orth.

Jean, my Pollensa has a separate 10 litre water boiler, the Truma Ultrastore, fired by gas and electric. On gas, the water temperature can be selected between 30C and 70C; on electric it's fixed at 70C. For fast water heating, both LPG and electric can be used simultaneously.

The inbuilt space heater is a Trumatic S3002K Gas fired convector heater fitted with the optional internal Truma Ultraheat 240V electric element and Trumavent TEB 12V fan warm air distribution system ducted to the lounge area and shower room. Gas operation is controlled by a rotary thermostat dial marked 1-10 on the unit itself. The electric operation is from a wall mounted panel which has a three position slider switch for 500, 1000 and 2000 W settings and a temperature setting dial. There's a remote temperature sensor mounted in the living area. The unit can be used with gas, electric or both together. The fan speed can be set manually 1-5 or to automatic which speeds up as the heater warms.

The 500W Oil Heater is a De'Longhi Bambino used for background heating and to save wear and tear on the inbuilt unit.

(In case anyone doesn't know but may be interested, the Dolce* Gusto is a coffee/drinks maker using pods. *spelt wrong on my card!)

I hope you're all keeping safe and well wherever you are.

cheers
Roger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 18-12-2020, 11:59 Thread Starter

An Autosleeper Pollenza ? Slightly funny story. A good friend of mine has one of these and has had it at least 8 years, I have to say he keeps it in immaculate condition . He is mad on fishing so we would meet about three times a year at a little campsite by a great fishing lake . He will be 80 this year so maybe understandably not 'au fait ' with anything modern tech , like phones and computers , never thought that would extend to the MH . Anyway one day the campsite was having work done on the electric and he was a bit miffed 'cos he couldn't get a wash and had a pile of dishes needing done, so I said "why don't you use the MH hot water ? " . He replied " yes, suppose I could always boil a kettle" , I said "no I meant put the water heater on in the MH" He replied that he had never used it and didn't know how to. He was over the moon when I showed him how . Also maybe shows the quality of this MH , the hot water sys and the blown air heating had never been used in at least 8 years but started first time and ran perfectly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1150058.jpg (592.2 KB, 4 views)
rogerblack and raynipper like this.

G
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 18-12-2020, 12:04

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchibald View Post
An Autosleeper Pollenza ? Slightly funny story. A good friend of mine has one of these and has had it at least 8 years, I have to say he keeps it in immaculate condition . He is mad on fishing so we would meet about three times a year at a little campsite by a great fishing lake . He will be 80 this year so maybe understandably not 'au fait ' with anything modern tech , like phones and computers , never thought that would extend to the MH . Anyway one day the campsite was having work done on the electric and he was a bit miffed 'cos he couldn't get a wash and had a pile of dishes needing done, so I said "why don't you use the MH hot water ? " . He replied " yes, suppose I could always boil a kettle" , I said "no I meant put the water heater on in the MH" He replied that he had never used it and didn't know how to. He was over the moon when I showed him how . Also maybe shows the quality of this MH , the hot water sys and the blown air heating had never been used in at least 8 years but started first time and ran perfectly.

Has he got an owner's manual?

What did he do when working?

Anyway well done Alan. How did the rest of the 'handover' go?

Geoff

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 18-12-2020, 12:52 Thread Starter

Geoff- You have to know old Kenny , and if you did you'd love him. The MH was only bought to facilitate fishing trips. He's from a country background , a great story teller and a real character who keeps us all laughing .
nicholsong likes this.

G

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page