Motorhome Facts Forum banner

New to the site

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  ChrisSue 
#1 ·
After many years of dreaming we have finally taken the plunge and have bought our first Motorhome, an Elddis Autoquest 400. It is in the dealers now being serviced etc. We can't wait to get it and are already planning our first trips. We have caravanned and tented for many years but due to work and home commitments the convenience of a van will suit us best.
At the moment we are planning to go to the February show at the NEC, possibly camping there if we can. May will see us heading up to Newcastle for the Rugby League Magic Weekend, August is the Fairport Convention Folk Festival at Cropredy and then September sees us heading off to Normandy for a tour of the D Day battlefields. In between these will be short trips to various naturist sites in the UK. We are looking forward to getting to know other Forum users who share our interests

#2 ·
Welcome to MHF ChrisSue ! Hope you have many years of enjoyment from your M/H. Anything you want to know just ask away. Might see you at Cropredy as it's a regular jaunt for us in August. 50th anniversary next year so tickets will probably go quicker than usual!

Good motorhoming regards Andy aka Caulkhead..........

#4 ·
Welcome to MHF ChrisSue ! Hope you have many years of enjoyment from your M/H. Anything you want to know just ask away. Might see you at Cropredy as it's a regular jaunt for us in August. 50th anniversary next year so tickets will probably go quicker than usual!

Good motorhoming regards Andy aka Caulkhead..........
I've signed up for alerts on the Fairport site but will be checking from the end of December.
Bearing in mind it is the Anniversary who would you like to see on Thursday and Friday? I'd love them to persuade Bellowhead for Friday

#3 ·
Hi and welcome to MHF Chris & Sue, we're friendly bunch so dive right in with any questions or problems, but as ex tuggers you'll have been there and done that all before.

#6 ·
Oh yes the Oysterband. Many years ago I was in a little folk band and one evening we decided to practice in a local pub in East Kent where I then lived. So there we were happily playing away and a couple of guys came in, listened for a while and asked if they could join in. By now a couple of us had realised who they were, John Jones and Alan Prosser. Fabulous night made even better when they asked if we would be back the next week....we were!!!!
Now my memory is getting hazy but I seem to remember that they did an album of ceilidh music called 20 Golden Tie Slackeners. I had a copy on vinyl, I'm sure it was them but I've lost it and can't find it on line anywhere.
And Lindisfarne for Thursday...

#7 ·
#8 ·
Can't say I've heard of them :( :(

#9 ·
Welcome to the forum Christ and Sue. Yee Gods, Fairport Convention, I remember, just, going to see them at the Shepton Mallet music festival in the sixties. Not sure if it was the precursor to Glastonbury. Even though I'm getting on a bit now I still like to get to the odd festival. Also a bit of a fan of real footy, rugby league. Have fun in the new van and keep us posted.

Nick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.