MHF Insurance awarded Insurance Provider of the Year - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 68 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 20:53

Personal Aire
I am seriously looking for insurance come September 29th.
Last year we would have liked to change our insurance but the quote given by any company is only valid for four weeks. Once more we intend to be out of the country from early August for two months and nobody will quote us.
The best we could do was get a continuation of our existing insurance by Standing Order but I would like to shop around.
Any ideas?

Alan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 68 (permalink) Old 13-04-2013, 06:58

My Motorhome: Hymer B644
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalan
Any ideas?
Alan
Why not sort your m/h insurance out whilst you are abroad?With a good internet connection I am sure you could browse the net,get a few quotes and sort out payment.Be a good excuse to sit in Mcdonalds and have a couple of big macs.

cheers Steve
post #13 of 68 (permalink) Old 13-04-2013, 12:31

Was expecting the usual jump in renewal price after first year incentives - but it didn't happen.
Very happy to renew.

post #14 of 68 (permalink) Old 13-04-2013, 14:08

Same here. Very pleased with that and also the way that the windscreen claim was dealt with (OK, only a windscreen claim but it was all arranged without hassle)
post #15 of 68 (permalink) Old 13-04-2013, 14:32

I have found you need to ask a lot of questions about exactly what you're getting for your money when comparing quotes.

As I'm a dyslexic and I've had two stokes you are going to see spelling/grammar mistakes, so please don't act superior and point them out!

The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself. Rita Mae Brown.
post #16 of 68 (permalink) Old 13-04-2013, 14:54

May seem a silly q but do you do cars as well l have CB with you and wanted to know about cars as mine due in a few days

Brian l love you for eternity you are my rock and my life there will never be anyone like you or who could take your place.
post #17 of 68 (permalink) Old 13-04-2013, 19:36

My Motorhome: Rapido A CLASS
motorhome insurance

I have just, last week , received a renewal quote for my motorhome insurance with Safeguard whom I have been with for 6 years. I was shocked that they want for renewal £540. They tell me I can reduce this by increasing the excesses. They tell me the increase is beacuse I have a brand new vehicle. I have full no claims discount. I therefore decided to check the market out and Saga have quoted me like for like cover at half the premium quoted by Safeguard to include European cover and breakdown. Has anyone any experience of Saga claims service ?
post #18 of 68 (permalink) Old 13-04-2013, 20:42

Re: motorhome insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by duds
I have just, last week , received a renewal quote for my motorhome insurance with Safeguard whom I have been with for 6 years. I was shocked that they want for renewal £540. They tell me I can reduce this by increasing the excesses. They tell me the increase is beacuse I have a brand new vehicle. I have full no claims discount. I therefore decided to check the market out and Saga have quoted me like for like cover at half the premium quoted by Safeguard to include European cover and breakdown. Has anyone any experience of Saga claims service ?
Try CaravanGuard for a quote :

As I'm a dyslexic and I've had two stokes you are going to see spelling/grammar mistakes, so please don't act superior and point them out!

The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself. Rita Mae Brown.
post #19 of 68 (permalink) Old 13-04-2013, 20:51

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
It may be the best quote

But I haven't claimed anything for the £10 thousand pounds additions ,so the motorhome was £47thousand

A hundreds pound more for us than the "secret " insurer

Why????

Aldra
post #20 of 68 (permalink) Old 14-04-2013, 08:00

l have not heard good things about saga been couple of watchdog type warnings on tv and radio (one was just the other day) also think some bad exp. on here with folks, l personally wouldnt touch them with a bargepole only good thing they have is magazines and that was the outcome of the warning prog. as well.

Brian l love you for eternity you are my rock and my life there will never be anyone like you or who could take your place.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page