Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat - View Single Post - First foray into Motorhoming.

View Single Post
post #31 of (permalink) Old 15-10-2016, 11:23 Thread Starter
bc109

My Motorhome: I drive... Hymer B550 Skyline
Day seven. Last day.
Home territory. I can't say what the MPG is for this motorhome, but it is impressive. We are used to
driving an old ,heavy Saab automatic that drinks fuel. This vehicle is heavy and automatic but sips
diesel.
The weather did not improve. We arrived home early enough to get the necessary paperwork to the gestor ( a kind of "sort the paperwork out and tax expert" essential in Spain ) and unloaded.
Euphoria set in for about 36 hours, then we were told that more official papers were needed from Germany and this is still being solved.
This motorhome has just over 40,000 kilometres on the clock over 13 years. Needless to say, some TLC will be required, but inside rather than outside.
But if anything of interest turns up, it will be on another thread. Nuff said !
We noticed that two days after we arrived home almost the whole area we travelled had the most horrendous storms with lots of flooding.
Someone up there was looking after us.
Forgot to add that our younger daughter and grand daughter are trying to decide what to
call this motorhome.
Now if you've been paying attention you might recall we had to buy a VERY IMPORTANT red cap to cover the German gas bottle. We think it will make an excellent nose on the front of the vehicle.
If we ever manage to upload a picture, you'll see what we mean.

Many thanks for your kind advice and comments. I hope you haven't been too bored, you've probably heard it all before........

Cheers

Bill and Dorli at home in Spain, marathon ended; insurance expired.Waiting for the paperwork to be
sorted out. It's all DIY for the next few weeks.
The Following User Says Thank You to bc109 For This Useful Post:
TeamRienza (15-10-2016)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome