Northern Italy to Slovenia - Route to Lake Bled - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 21:02 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Hobby Optima Premium T70GE
Northern Italy to Slovenia - Route to Lake Bled

We are going to Slovenia and Croatia via Luxembourg, Switzerland and Northern Italy leaving end of April for a total of 8 weeks. We will be following the A4 more or less across Italy. I was looking at taking in Lake Bled and would like some advice on the route via Udine using the A23 as far as Tarvisio (just short of the border with Austria) and then joining the 202 crossing into Slovenia as far as Jesenice and the A2 to Bled and Ljubljana.
Has anyone used this route and is the 202 suitable for motorhomes bearing in mind that my wife will get out and walk if she is looking down into a 10,000ft abyss with no barrier at the side of the road.
I know that the alternative would be through Austria but I am not getting into Go-Boxes.
Thanks
Ian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 21:13

Re: Northern Italy to Slovenia - Route to Lake Bled

Quote:
Yaxley"]We are going to Slovenia and Croatia via Luxembourg, Switzerland and Northern Italy leaving end of April for a total of 8 weeks. We will be following the A4 more or less across Italy. I was looking at taking in Lake Bled and would like some advice on the route via Udine using the A23 as far as Tarvisio (just short of the border with Austria) and then joining the 202 crossing into Slovenia as far as Jesenice and the A2 to Bled and Ljubljana.
Has anyone used this route and is the 202 suitable for motorhomes bearing in mind that my wife will get out and walk if she is looking down into a 10,000ft abyss with no barrier at the side of the road.
I know that the alternative would be through Austria but I am not getting into Go-Boxes.
Thanks
Ian
Hey up..

Most of what you ask I can't answer, we did go to Croatia via Hungry then on to Montenegro and Albania.. But the bit you seem to have trouble with is Austria and go boxes.

We travelled through Austria but we didn't use any motorways or toll roads and as such didn't need any go boxes, the roads were good all the way and were more interesting than going down boring motorways and the timescale wasn't that much different in comparison to motorways.

Hope that helps.

ray.

Just watching a shifty looking geezer in the library searching intently through the 'S' section of the dictionary, he's stopped now.

I think he's up to something. . .. . . ray......
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 21:17

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,103 Times in 956 Posts
Personal Aire
Ive done that route from Bled and the Triglav National park into the ITalian Dolomites. Piece of cake. Obviously its the alps so it isnt flat but I dont remember anything challenging or remotely scary.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 21:35

Send a message via AIM to metblue
Austria

We went to Croatia via Germany and Austria avoided motorways and Go boxes, our route was a senic one with lots of lovely small towns and various stopping places .
We stopped en route twice with no problems the continued via Radstat, Tamsweg into Klugenfurt before crossing the border into Slovenia.
Then is was only about 90 mins to Lake Bled campsite. Far better than any motorways !!
Btw we also stopped at a cracking small site in Prebold it had a bar, washing up area, small but nice swimming pool too !!
It is in the Alan Rogers campsite book as having the " best toilet block " In Slovenia, it does !!
After there we drove to the island of KRK and stopped at the campsite in Punat (very good all facilities) then to Porec Laguna campsite I think it was ! also very good.
Going back in September.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page