Travelling from Italy to Croatia on the Slovenia A1 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 17-09-2013, 13:40 Thread Starter

Travelling from Italy to Croatia on the Slovenia A1

Can someone help me on travelling through Slovenia to Croatia

I have just travelled from Italy to the Istria coast of Croatia. Coming from Italy as most motorhomers would travel I travelled through Trieste on the E70 and the SS202 leading you on to the Slovenia Motorway H5 and A1. Looking at the Slovenian Motorway website this is a Toll / Vignette road. Link http://www.dars.si/dokumenti/toll_297.aspx

There was no border crossing / passport control / toll booths on the Italian Slovenia border and I drove straight through coming off some 8km down the road at the Koper / Pula turn off again no toll booths.

Now the question I am asking from other MHF members who must have done this trip many times is “Should I have paid for a vignette?” or in my case as I have a 3850kg Rapido a toll charge, although there was no one to collect it.

Can anyone clarify the situation for me and for others as I can see no thread on the Forum on this subject and there must be hundreds of MHF members going this way every year.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 17-09-2013, 13:47

My Motorhome: Hymer Starline 510
Personal Aire
We passed out of Slovenia having bought a vignette and then had a short toll drive in Croatia. I dont think they have the equiv of ANPR. If you werent nabbed at the time I wouldnt get too concerned. Do not however try the same in Austri - its 1000 euro fine.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 17-09-2013, 15:13

Altom,

That stretch of Slovenian motorway between the Italian and Croatian borders is toll free.

Roger

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 17-09-2013, 15:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1302
We passed out of Slovenia having bought a vignette and then had a short toll drive in Croatia. I dont think they have the equiv of ANPR. If you werent nabbed at the time I wouldnt get too concerned. Do not however try the same in Austri - its 1000 euro fine.
I very much doubt they have ANPR. On our trip in May we crossed in to Slovenia from Austria having travelled down from Vienna. We bought our vignette at the first Cestina. At the second Cestina we observed the reduced speed limit as we passed through. At the third Cestina there was a policeman leaning against a concrete block with a pair of binoculars obviously checking who had and who hadn't stuck a vignette in the windscreen. There were a number of police cars ready for the chase.

Regards,

Zozzer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page