Slovenia in the Summer or not ? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 12:16 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Hymer B584
Slovenia in the Summer or not ?

I have added Slovenia to the "plan" for our 8 weeks in the Summer. BUT, trawling the net has revealed no wild camping, no aire type stops and the 3 sites I have looked at are all in the 30E a night range for July and August. Compare that to German stellplatz, French aires/ municipals or Italian sostas and I'm tempted to give it a miss.

Can anyone persuade me otherwise? I suspect it's an off season destination.

Thanks

fatimasaysell.com is Mrs Adonisito's interesting blog!

Link to our album
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 15:20

Hi Adonisito

We spent all of July in Slovenia four years ago and loved the country, so would like to suggest that you go there just because it is lovely.

However, we are picking up that cost is an important factor for you, so a couple of thoughts.

The link below should take you to our blog posts about our time in Slovenia:
http://candakubicki.blogspot.co.uk/s...label/Slovenia

We don't have full facilities in our van, so don't often use aires etc but did notice there is a large one by the car parks for the caves at Postojna, that makes a charge. There was also some motorhome overnight parking at Otocec Castle and a campsite we didn't use.

Others may know of other places.

Some of the large terme camp sites have cheaper rates if you don't want to use the pool, for example at Podcetrtek, we paid 18euro for a night.

You are right, many of the sites can be expensive but it is a beautiful country to visit.

Good wishes
Carol and Anthony

Carol and Anthony of Salford
Smell the flowers while you can

http://www.candakubicki.blogspot.com
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 19:42

My Motorhome: Hymer 544SL
Camping Bled is now accepting ACSI though not in ACSI book nice site stunning views and walks. 16.80 euro per night with tax. They also do a special rate for 3 nights or more of 16.70 euro but if you have a dog its 3 euro per night extra so ACSI is cheaper as the is dog included.

Don´t Worry Be Happy.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 15-05-2013, 22:33

Canda,
Clicked on your link and my anti virus gave me a warning "malicious URL blocked"
Don't know what that means but didn't go any further.
We were at lake Bled 3 years ago but will be back in a couple of weeks.
Chris
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 15-05-2013, 23:10

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,095 Times in 951 Posts
Personal Aire
Did a week in Slovenia last July. I think its mainly the Triglav National park where Wild camping is not allowed but of course thats where everyone wants to be. It is stunning and the Slovenians are great.

One woman in the capital, Ljubljana came up to us and asked us if we needed any help or wanted to know anything about her city. Imagine that in London!

Whilst we liked Lake Bled and the surrounding countryside we didnt like Camping Bled. Most people who know us though know we dont like campsites but I thought it was grotty. Prices in Mid July where about €23 I think last year.

We did however like Camping Danica near Lake Bohinj and must prefered that lake. I think it was a bit cheaper as well and much nicer.

There are Aires and some are listed on www.campingcar-infos.com

One we stayed on about 10 miles out of Ljubljana was cracking and at a hotel. Sadly we were kept awake one night by a local dance which went on till about 2am. Another Aire we found in the mountains was passible but had a time limit of I think 36 hours max which seemed strange.

We wanted to see Brown Bears but we never did. Apparently they have so many they flog em to other countries. One turned up in the capital in the park one day (not when we were there).

Here is a link to last years Slovenia Blog

I would say its worth a visit for sure but like you, we would have stayed longer if it was more motorhome friendly and we werent forced onto campsites most places.

Last years Slovenia Blog

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page