Campsite Internet - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 23-04-2012, 19:12 Thread Starter

Campsite Internet

hi,hope you can help,were on a camp site in belgium,just got my ticket for the internet,i can get the internet on my pc,but i try to connect my ipad,it just keeps going back to the start menu.anyone got any ideas as im not sure if im doing something wrong,thanks,tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 23-04-2012, 19:34

Hi Tony,

Not quite sure what you mean by "going back to the start menu". If you mean it goes back to the home screen with the icons on it, that probably means that the wifi has locked in and you're ready to use it. Have you tried using Safari straight after returning to the "start menu"?

I take it you've put the right info into the Settings app? Have you got the 'wave' icon in the top left of the screen?

I've noticed with my iPad that it has less range (than a laptop) so needs to be closer to the site's aerial. On some occasions the laptop and the phone will connect but the iPad won't. It seems to be better once it has already connected, so try moving closer to the site's aerial, log in, then see if it connects later or stays in as you move away.

Stephen
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 23-04-2012, 20:29

Re: Campsite Internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_debs
hi,hope you can help,were on a camp site in belgium,just got my ticket for the internet,i can get the internet on my pc,but i try to connect my ipad,it just keeps going back to the start menu.anyone got any ideas as im not sure if im doing something wrong,thanks,tony
Usually with larger wifi systems, you get issued with a ticket which has a login ID and a password, in that case the first pc you log on with then it's tied to your first pc and it's IP address number so you can't log on with the same ID and password with another pc etc.... Hope that helps

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 23-04-2012, 20:35

I'll go with Clive.

I have had the same experience with laptop and netbook, and it's usually the chargeable set-ups which engender the problem.
Where the site provides free unsecured wifi you can hook up any number of devices.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 23-04-2012, 20:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThursdaysChild
I'll go with Clive.

I have had the same experience with laptop and netbook, and it's usually the chargeable set-ups which engender the problem.
Where the site provides free unsecured wifi you can hook up any number of devices.
Well in theory it's true but it depends on how many IPs the wifi router will handle.... Rain all day here and according to the forecast Wednesday will be the same.... No need for the hose pipe since the ban
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 21-06-2012, 20:36

As Clive 1821 says only one device appears to works. I connected with iPad then tried on laptop but no go. Im in Germany at present.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 22-06-2012, 20:27

Hi,

We had the same experience at a campsite in Holland. I paid 5 for 24 hours and quickly checked emails on the ipad then found the netbook and my new birthday toy an android tablet couldn't log on. Complained and got my money back.

No problems at a site in Germany with free wifi using the same logon package when we could use all our devices simultaneously.

Mostly campsite wifi packages we tried to use were a pain and expensive

Steve

Steve and Sheila
Read about our latest travels in Europe on our website
http://www.motorhomeandaway.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page