Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 23-04-2016, 13:14 Thread Starter

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3

I have had this tablet a couple of years and happy with what it can do. It can't play video's posted on line cause it does not have Adobe Flash Player and the tablet does not support this. I was considering buying the latest Samsung Tablet but the 9.7 inch one, does this support the adobe f.p.? Also what security is built into tablets, haven't used it to order from ex: Amazon but would need to give bank details so wondered how safe this is, whether it be Android or Apple.
Thanks Wendy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 23-04-2016, 14:30

My Motorhome: Burstner Elegance
So far as I am aware Flash Player has not been supported by Adobe on Android operating systems since Ice Cream Sandwich so I can't imagine that it will run on a new Samsung tablet. There are ways to download Flash Player on later operating systems but it means tinkering around a bit. Most online videos however should be watchable if watched through an app that supports the site where the video is posted.
As for security on tablets there are plenty of free apps - AVG is a popular one but plenty of others on Play Store.

I use my Android tablet and phone for credit card transactions on an almost daily basis and also do a lot of my online banking using these devices. I don't think they are any less secure than PC's - and in fact probably more secure as keyboard loggers and other such "exciting" things haven't made it to tablets and phones so far as I am aware.

Peter
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 23-04-2016, 14:53

My Motorhome: Mercedes 614D
Personal Aire
We use Galaxy Tab4's, two 7" and one 10.1".

All play video's with an appropriate app. I am at work now so can't see which we use, but look on Google.

If you are going to buy, get the Tab4 and the 16gb version with Wifi. It should have GPS which means you can run a satnav or mapping application without needing to have a phone account.

They also have expansion USB sockets for plugging in an external drive or memory stick. We have a 128gb USB stick which we plug in using the adaptor cable, we load videos into the stick.

Here's my 7" one playing at satnav in a hire van:

Peter

Last edited by listerdiesel; 23-04-2016 at 15:09.
The Following User Says Thank You to listerdiesel For This Useful Post:
ambegayo (23-04-2016)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 13-06-2016, 14:07 Thread Starter

Has anyone the answer to how to sync onto Galaxy Tablet a converted song from Youtube which I have done using www.youtube-mp3.org/ but uses iTunes to store, so when I try to move it to Windows media player or the Galaxy Table (music app) it will not do it. Is the only way to buy a Apple ipad?? Thanks
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 13-06-2016, 18:43

My Motorhome: Burstner Elegance
I don't understand your reference to iTunes Wendy. According to the link you can simply download the mp3 file.

Peter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page