I'm doing a raynipper here... - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-04-2021, 06:24

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
No personal recommendations Jean as that could be dangerous but personal preferences.
As you say dual SIM and as much RAM and storage as possible. I like 6.5" and 4G as we have little 5G. Good audio for me but the rest are much of a muchness unless you know about chip speed and screen quality.
I usually go for the most bang for my buck and last years model.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life“s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-04-2021, 20:47 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
I thought my honor 8x had got over its blip but this morning when texting my son the 3s went on the rampage - loads of 3s flying across the screen and my hands nowhere near! The strange thing is, if I was to hold any key it would just give me 1 of the characters showing above the letter - there's no way I could get a run of 3s without pressing each one individually - and that would have been a lot slower than they were appearing on their own! Gremlins!

Anyway, I've now ordered a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 (not pro or lite... just plain 10). 4GB RAM n 128GB memory, dual sim and a dedicated slot for an SD card. My last phone was a Xiaomi and I seem to remember it was fine. Certainly it's still working after having been dropped in water a couple of years ago. I'd changed it cos my son said although his phone had worked after being given a bath it started playing up after a few weeks n he put it down to internal corrosion. I didn't want mine to give up the ghost in the middle of my travels.

£199 from Amazon n will be here on Tue. I expect the air to be blue on Tue as I try to set up the new phone.

I'm assuming that if I do a backup via the Huawei then I would be able to transfer that to a new Huawei only? It would be lovely if I'm wrong!

Jean

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page