I'm doing a raynipper here... - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-04-2021, 10:49

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Ha ha ha they are a con Jan. €3,500 for basically amplifiers. Most smart phones are far more complex at a fraction of that price. Including blue tooth and speakers.
Hearing aid sellers pray on old people. It's an absolute racket.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-04-2021, 10:58

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,157 Times in 1,003 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynipper View Post
Thanks Baz. Can't see me paying £200 just yet on a whim. Possibly if I was surgically attached to my phone like so many people are it could be a good investment.
But as my use is limited and only carry the phone for emergencies and check the odd mail and WhatsApp message, it's not that essential........ Yet.

Generally I find as we have a 'free' house phone with good audio it get used nearly all the time. Mobile audio is never great with aids.
Plus using a PC with a 32" screen kinda spoils one chatting on Forums and Skype compared to any phone.

I guess I will stay a dinosaur.

Ray.
Honor 8a is less than £80 Ray. I agree with you though. I only use my phone for online stuff if I am out and about and dont have my laptop with me. They are always going to be limited by the small screen size no matter how much money you spend on one. A laptop or in your case a 32" Screen is always going to be better.

https://www.esdorado.com/gb/smartpho...8aAp1aEALw_wcB
raynipper likes this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
The Following User Says Thank You to barryd For This Useful Post:
raynipper (07-04-2021)
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-04-2021, 11:17

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Quote:
Ha ha ha they are a con Jan. €3,500 for basically amplifiers. Most smart phones are far more complex at a fraction of that price. Including blue tooth and speakers.
Hearing aid sellers pray on old people. It's an absolute racket.

Ray.
You don´t need to tell me Ray, Hans refused to have private hearing aids, he was still trying various ones on the health service when he died.
It was the duty of the NHS when we were there to provide suitable hearing aids to everyone, they took over the care of his Mothers expensive private ones when that came into practice and another person we knew who was an organ maker and tuner also had the same hearing aids provided by the NHS that he had been paying privately for for years.
patp and raynipper like this.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-04-2021, 11:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
Honor 8a is less than £80 Ray. I agree with you though. I only use my phone for online stuff if I am out and about and dont have my laptop with me. They are always going to be limited by the small screen size no matter how much money you spend on one. A laptop or in your case a 32" Screen is always going to be better.

https://www.esdorado.com/gb/smartpho...8aAp1aEALw_wcB
Thats a better price Baz. Laptops Direct were £199.

Ray.
patp likes this.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-04-2021, 15:45 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
I must admit, I've been very pleased with the honor 8x. I paid £160 a couple of years ago for the 64GB version. That was to replace a Redmi that I'd dropped in the water. Although it spent a few days lying in rice I was afraid it would corrode internally n let me down when I least expected. That's the one I'm using now!
raynipper likes this.

Jean
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-04-2021, 16:51

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,157 Times in 1,003 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Thats a better price Baz. Laptops Direct were £199.

Ray.
Must have been a different model Ray. I got Michelles from Laptops Direct (Trade mind) and it was about sixty quid Ex VAT
raynipper likes this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-04-2021, 19:47

Bluddy mobile phones. Just today in Lidl's I get a call on the Chinese mobile. Quite loud but with all the background noise from the freezers, food chiller and the tannoy I found it impossible to hear the caller so I handed the phone to my wife who has brilliant hearing. It soon became clear she could not understand what the caller was on about and said to call again later.
Kinda defeats the point really.

Ray.

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 15:50 Thread Starter

Well, the rice didn't make any difference but I decided I could live with the brightness/shading on the screen. Started using it again today but find it's printing loads of extra 3s again. So it looks like a new phone.

Has to be dual sim, with good battery life - and not cost a fortune. My SIL tells me all modern Huaweis no longer run Google Playstore courtesy of the American embargo. I would want Playstore.

As I say, I liked my Honor 8x. Any personal experience with a good alternative?

Jean
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 17:18

Just type in Dual SIM on e-bay and it will show plenty of them Jean. Not saying to buy from that site just see whats available. As mine was £55 and it's now two years old it owes me nothing and does everything I require.

Ray.

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 21:01 Thread Starter

Yes, I can see loads Ray - I was just wondering if there were any personal recommendations. I'd want 4gb RAM n 64gb memory.

I was looking earlier at the redmi note 10. My previous phone was redmi n it was OK tho the 4gb ram is superior. I'd prefer an aluminium body but I guess since mine is always in a protective case that shouldn't matter too much.

Jean

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page