Wifi Booster - Smartphone - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 18-01-2019, 19:17 Thread Starter

Wifi Booster - Smartphone

I couldn't see a section that specifically suited Wifi but looked like this and the Tablet section were closest.

As well as a 3G/4G MiFi, we use a Wifi booster in the Van, so we can connect to distant hotspots, get better connection speeds and connect multiple devices easily. This video shows, what we chose, which is around half the price of a Motorhome / Campervan “Package”, how it works and how we stay secure on public hotspots.

Please visit our YouTube Channel, where we share our reviews, hints, tips and travel vlogs. ExploreVan.UK on YouTube

Last edited by mbuk; 18-01-2019 at 19:44.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 18-01-2019, 19:33

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuk View Post
I couldn't see a section that specifically suited Wifi but looked like this and the Tablet section were closest.

As well as a 3G/4G MiFi, we use a Wifi booster in the Van, so we can connect to distant hotspots, get better connection speeds and connect multiple devices easily. This video shows, what we chose, which is around half the price of a Motorhome / Campervan “Package”, how it works and how we stay secure on public hotspots.

https://youtu.be/gsMhwMLwOZM
Go to your first post to edit, it will give you opportunity to delete as you have doubled up on your post.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2019-01-18 at 20.34.02.png (180.4 KB, 4 views)

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 18-01-2019, 19:39 Thread Starter

Hi Jan,

Yep, I did that on purpose, as I felt it was relevant to both sections, with both Tablets and Smartphones using Wifi.

Happy to delete one if that's not appropriate though. Which section would you say is best to leave it in?

Cheers

Mike

Please visit our YouTube Channel, where we share our reviews, hints, tips and travel vlogs. ExploreVan.UK on YouTube

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 18-01-2019, 19:43

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
I think both will be seen by everyone, alter the title to wifi booster smart phone wifi booster tablet may be better.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
The Following User Says Thank You to JanHank For This Useful Post:
mbuk (18-01-2019)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 18-01-2019, 19:46 Thread Starter

Top idea! Thanks, done.
JanHank likes this.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 19-01-2019, 09:04
EJB

My Motorhome: Burstner Nexxo t620G
Adverts are bad enough...multiple adverts are too much!
randonneur likes this.

Ted.
I try and state simple facts in a nice way.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 19-01-2019, 09:32 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJB View Post
Adverts are bad enough...multiple adverts are too much!

Good Morning EJB.

I'm not sure what you see as an advert? We use our YouTube videos to share hint's, tips, reviews and travel vlogs, in this video we share our experience with our wifi booster, how it works what we use and what options are available. We don't make any money out of the channel or any of the products we talk about but I thought that visitors this forum may find it useful.

The reason I posted it in both SmartPhones and Tablets is mentioned in the first post - I couldn't see a section specific for Wifi / Internet Access but felt it was something that would interest both Tablet and SmartPhone users.

I was under the impression the objective of this forum was to share experience and knowledge, but if that's not the case, just let me know.

Thanks

Mike
raynipper, Pudsey_Bear and sabino like this.

Last edited by mbuk; 19-01-2019 at 09:44.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 19-01-2019, 11:25

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Personal Aire
Ive seen mikes videos on other motorhome forums. Its very helpful stuff and whilst it might come across as a professional advert as far as I can see he isnt selling anything.

What I wanna know though is if he nicked the strapline off his website (The Mark Twain quote) off mine or off Mark Twain? Mines been there ten years. just sayin

http://www.hankthetank.co.uk

http://explorevan.uk/

Its a good set up although I do wonder now just how important wifi really is now that three and four G data is so cheap and readily available. Like Mike I have both in my van. A decent antenna (I have an old iBoost and a couple of USB antennas) and I also just use my phone as a hot spot with a generous data allowance. Covers most bases.

Thanks for posting Mike.
Pudsey_Bear likes this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
The Following User Says Thank You to barryd For This Useful Post:
mbuk (19-01-2019)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 19-01-2019, 11:48 Thread Starter

Smile

Thanks Barry

Appreciate the support.

I'll have a browse through your website - looks good. Clearly "great minds think alike" with the quote! I understand there is some debate over whether it is actually a Mark Twain quote, but everyone seems to attribute it to him, though there is no record of him actually writing it. Either way - I think it's a great ethos to live by!

I agree, as 3G and 4G get faster and cheaper we're definitely using the booster less, but we've found it's still nice to have for big uploads / downloads and where the mobile signal is rubbish. In my day job I'm lucky that I can work from the van, if I want to, but need a reliable internet connection to do it. Conveniently we have found that where the 3G / 4G signals have been bad they often have good WiFi service (either free or reasonably priced) somewhere on the site. I'm assuming because internet connection is starting to be seen more and more as a necessity and if they don't find a way for people to stay connected their customers reduce. The booster helps to make sure we can always get a good connection if Wifi is available.

Cheers

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
Ive seen mikes videos on other motorhome forums. Its very helpful stuff and whilst it might come across as a professional advert as far as I can see he isnt selling anything.

What I wanna know though is if he nicked the strapline off his website (The Mark Twain quote) off mine or off Mark Twain? Mines been there ten years. just sayin

http://www.hankthetank.co.uk

http://explorevan.uk/

Its a good set up although I do wonder now just how important wifi really is now that three and four G data is so cheap and readily available. Like Mike I have both in my van. A decent antenna (I have an old iBoost and a couple of USB antennas) and I also just use my phone as a hot spot with a generous data allowance. Covers most bases.

Thanks for posting Mike.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 19-01-2019, 12:22

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Personal Aire
Oh they are still useful. We were parked in the same spot for six weeks in the summer about 400 yards from a BT Wifi spot so had the iboost permanently synced up. iPlayer, work, youtube etc not a problem. I do videos etc as well and stuff like that is always better on wifi as its easy to bust even a big data allowance on a sim.
raynipper likes this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
The Following User Says Thank You to barryd For This Useful Post:
mbuk (19-01-2019)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page