Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Samsung S2 doing strange thing

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Pudsey_Bear 
#1 ·
When I open the phone up, and swipe left or right I get an announcement of which page I'm on same when I switch to all apps, and sometimes when I google something it reads the first line or so, any idea how to turn it off, I know I probably turned it on somewhere inadvertently but it's very annoying, in a waiting room etc.

Recording of what I get, it takes a few seconds to play.

#3 ·
Just checked and it's already set to off.

I thought you'd got it there :( :(

#7 ·
Hi Peter, no option to do that I'm afraid, and I do use it for sat nav voice on Maps.me anyway.

#8 ·
#6 ·
Switching "Talkback" off

Anyone know where that setting is on Mrs Plodd ????

Andy

#12 ·
Turned it back on and it was better but still with the page announcement as before, so I've "turn talkback off > turn phone off > remove battery and sim > wait 30 seconds> refit battery and sim> Start phone."

It's still doing it though with talkback turned off :crying::crying::crying::frown2::frown2:

Changed Google TTS to Samsung TTS but it's still doing it.

#14 ·
Thanks Peter,

I'll see if I have installed anything recently, but I can't think of anything, not liking to reset though, all that reinstalling to do again, passwords etc.

#15 ·
Wildcampers app of their sites did the same for me on my Galaxy pad :surprise:

tony

#16 ·
Wildcampers app of their sites did the same for me on my Galaxy pad :surprise:

tony
Not going to be that one then :>) :>)

I did download the TT app the other day, hope it's not that one :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.