Highland Gathering 2014 - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 30-04-2014, 11:01 Thread Starter

Roll Call

Time is marching on (and I will be away all next week) and I still await final confirmations from the following peeps. I hope you are still coming.
It would be helpful to know the following:

How many of you there are

When you expect to arrive and depart

If you want to join the trip to Dores Inn (and go on the bus)

and if you are willing to drive the minibus. No drivers, no trip

Jays
Richnlynne
Roamingman
kernewek
Passingplaces
GinaRon
ducato
Tricia
norman64
user1
Irnbru
New Dawn
jimire
jaytee74
stepps110
metblue
ardgour
patp
Julian Pike
jagmanx

Confirmed bookings:
magbrin
Georgieporgie
exwindsurfer
oak
andrewball1000
nightman

If I have missed you, or if you haven’t yet signed up – please let me know.
Looking forward to seeing you all soon.
All the best and safe travels
Margaret
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 21:57

Hi Margaret
our son is now having to move into much smaller digs that week and we will be storing all his stuff so we are tied up till Thursday then John has to be back for work on the Sunday so it looks like we will not make it. Hopefully we will make it to the mini meet later in the year
Chris
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-05-2014, 08:58 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardgour
Hi Margaret
our son is now having to move into much smaller digs that week and we will be storing all his stuff so we are tied up till Thursday then John has to be back for work on the Sunday so it looks like we will not make it. Hopefully we will make it to the mini meet later in the year
Chris
Sorry you won't make this one, Chris. But there will be others. Minimeet set for w/e 10th August. Will start new thread, probably after the Gathering. May also do one for Halloween, if there is enough interest. Will also send PM.
Off to Mull (or Harris/Lewis/N Uist) later today/tomorrow. Lovely day today, wet for the foreseeable future - we're mad!
Margaret

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-05-2014, 20:26 Thread Starter

Back from an amazing trip in the Western Isles and now only 10 days to go, and weather is warming up nicely. Still a few peeps have not responded to the roll call, but we have about 15 vans coming, possibly more, so expecting a good weekend. So far only one trip to Dores Inn, but if there is more interest we have drivers to do a second trip - thanks to the volunteer drivers.

Will post again soon with some reminders, but in the mean time all the best and safe travels
Margaret
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 16-05-2014, 11:31 Thread Starter

Before you come:

At the risk of being seen to be mad (talking to myself) here are some notes for those who have not been before – or even those who have!
We have up to 16 vans from other forums coming - so it is not a figment of my imagination!

The Highland Gathering is an informal event and you can join in as much or as little as you like. Whether you participate or not there will be plenty of times to do your own thing and even organises your own activities with others if you want to.

Thursday – first arrivals. Early evening get together in Schoolroom – byob

Friday: More arrivals. Themed Mediterranean evening – suitable weather has been ordered

Saturday: walks (may or may not include use of the community minibus for a small charge). Last arrivals. Evening Barbeque

Sunday: Working party – We do not charge for the gathering (although we do ask for generous donations for the local mountain rescue team, see below) so if you are willing to help us out with a bit of light work to blow away the cobwebs, your help will be much appreciated.
Trip(s) to Dores (small charge for bus)

The Schoolroom café & shop will be open for short periods on Friday, Saturday and Monday. Fresh rolls, bread, not cross buns and salads may be available to order, as well as our usual stock of Skin so soft, local honey, pates and other provisions, and free wifi.

What to bring:
Enough food and drink for yourself/ves, including your favourite tipple, Mediterranean recipe (made up) for Friday, BBQ food for Saturday. The idea is that you bring enough for yourself, but share with others.
Rolls, relishes & salads, charcoal, bin bags ,kitchen paper, paper plates etc. are also required.

Generous Donations for Cairngorm Mountain Rescue will be forwarded after the event. The team go out in the mountains in all weathers risking their own lives to help others. Last year we sent over £500 to them. Please help us to make it even more this year.

Finally, if you have any freestanding shelter or large awning/safari room type thing that you are prepared to share, in case we do not get the promised Mediterranean weather, please let me know.

We are looking forward very much to seeing you all at the end of next week.
Margaret
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 20-05-2014, 20:28 Thread Starter

final tally

You may not believe it but I am not talking to myself .................

Numbers are still changing and no doubt will continue to do so, but at the final count, today, we are expecting 17-20 vans, from 3 forums, and up to 40 people for the BBQ on Saturday. This will, I think, be the biggest yet. This is the main event - don't forget to bring BBQ food to share including charcoal, salads, rolls, sauces etc.

Numbers for Thursday are not so big so we are looking forward to a select party, but if there is anyone else who can make it on Thursday, you will be very welcome.

The field is prepared, and the weather ordered - it has been amazing today, so hope it lasts.
Safe travels to you all and see you soon
Margaret
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 26-05-2014, 17:17

My Motorhome: Knaus Sun Ti 600LF 2007
My sincere thanks to Margaret and Angus for a wonderful bank holiday weekend. A great time in a great part of the world with great company. I thoroughly recommend it to anyone.

Regards
Andrew
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 27-05-2014, 11:56 Thread Starter

Thanks

Thanks, Andrew, and thanks for your other post. It is odd, we were looking back over some of the other meets we have had and there have been times when most people have come from Facts. C'est la vie
Cairngorm Mountain rescue money still to be counted, but looks as if we have got nearly £500. Nearly as much from one meet as we got from 2 last year. Thanks guys!
Will be starting a new thread for the August minimeet. soon.
Safe travels
Margaret

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page