Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Truma boiler water turn-off tap

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  113016 
#1 ·
Hi & merry Christmas to all, Going back to the truma boiler dumping its load. I have just come back from long cold weekend away, using EHU on site and having an oil heater which was warm enough for us but not enough to keep valve shut on truma C6002. Can anybody tell me is there a cold water tap that shuts off water to the boiler somewhere, and will then allow us to continue to use pump to bring water to toilet/taps etc. and so not have to use the truma heater.

#2 ·
As mentioned on another post. Many people use a clothes peg to stop the valve from opening. The parameters of the valve are pretty liberal at +4 it opens and dumps and doesn't shut again until +8. Highly unlikely it will shut in this weather. Put the peg on the spindle and stop it from dumping. Remember to remove it if you don't intend to use the van for a while.

#7 ·
I hope this doesn't come across as a thread hijack, but I've got a question that I'll get to in a minute. When I use the van I always have water in the Truma & leave the water heating on. If I need heat I run the heating. I'd miss not having running HW at the taps & shower :oops:

My question; am I missing something ? :oops:

Thanks in advance, Dave.

#9 ·
We usually leave water heater on when on site. Once up to temperature it will just cycle to maintain temp and no danger of it dumping no matter how cold the outside temp drops to and uses very little gas, even less if used on electric!!! Also our Truma does not have the dump valve that lifts up so using peg is not an option. Ours has a "T" handle on the top of the dump valve and a push button on the side.

#10 ·
What about the new damn Trumas, you can't utilise a peg :roll:

tony

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.