Trauma with Truma 6002 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 16-07-2021, 11:27 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...
Question Trauma with Truma 6002

Hello everyone, I have just joined. Have just come off the 'phone to Truma UK. A couple of days ago they told me to order a new non-return valve, that appears near the top of the boiler. But...the problem persists. There was no need to change the valve. Their help though was in fact outside of there current commitment. My boiler is "unsupported" by them. It's installed inside my 1995 Hymer and is not working correctly. There are three outlets; sink, basin and shower. All get cold water to them perfectly well. BUT NO HOT. And the boiler does appear to be heating the water as the boiler gets hot, and if I wait for hours a minute trickle of warmish water emerges for several seconds.
So, what do I do? And does the water enter from this fitting near the top of the boiler, or is that where it leaves from. i saw somewhere that it could be a build up of limescale somewhere, but I can not find that on the internet now. And in any case where would the limescale be.
One other thing, I've blown down the pipe that leaves the top of the boiler and it does seem to be connected to the taps, as when they are open they just about wheeze out the air I'm pushing through, but I must say that it's not free flowing.
As it's happening to all three outlets (which are completely free of limescale etc.) it seems likely to emanate from the boiler, in my humble no knowledge whatsoever on these type of problems opinion.
Anyway... if anyone could pass some positive comment, I'll no doubt try it out.
Les
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 16-07-2021, 21:28

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Hi les n welcome to the forum.

Not sure if you're a seasoned camper or a newbie but just in case it's the latter....

When you fill the tank after the system has been drained down you will need to run the taps (on hot first - but without any heating at all) until the water runs smoothly; it will spit n splutter for what seems ages until the boiler is filled (probably about 10 litres. Then switch to the cold setting till all the air is purged from those pipes. Now you're ready to see if, when heating the boiler, you get hot water from the taps. But leave it 10mins or so.

If you're a seasoned camper you'll know that so come back n tell us more.

Jean
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 16-07-2021, 21:50

My Motorhome: Carthago
The supply of water be it hot or cold from the boiler is made possible purely by the pressure of the cold water supplied to it.
I believe the Hymer utilises a submerged pump which is switch operated (on the taps), are you sure the pump is working sufficiently well to make the system work?

John

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 17-07-2021, 08:10

Because itís all taps, I take it you can hear the pump running when tap set to hot.
I know from experience the non return valve you replaced on the top side of the boiler has a small plastic part in it and itís possible that this has come out and gone down the hot tap feed and obstructed the flow, disconnect the hot pipe from valve and then try blowing from the tap end.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page