erbspacher hydronic d5wsc - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 18-10-2015, 21:14

My Motorhome: Flogged it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneboy View Post
That sounds right Paul. Given that used that way it has a lot less water to heat it ought to need a lot less power to get it up to speed. It still seems odd to me that it runs fans during start up though, they'd be using unnecessary power by blowing cold air till the water was heated. I wonder if the fan/fans (I assume just one) could be switched off during warm up, or at least till the starting sequence is completed. That would reduce the power demand at the crucial time. I fit a switch and give it a go. It won't harm the heater.

It'd also be worth starting it on hot water only and once that's running properly ( a while after start up) switch it to heating and hot water.

Surely the fan should be thermostatically controlled, only coming on when the water is up to temp?

Alan I am glad to report that you are correct, starting the Hydronic on hot water first and then switching to heating/hot water uses much less power.

From cold.

Starting on heating/hot water uses over 17 amps for 3.5-4 minutes gradually decreasing to 2.8-3 amps after 12 minutes although still cycling up to over 17 amps every minute or so.

Starting on hot water first it cycles between 4 and 14 amps for 2 minutes the 4.2 amps for a further 8 minutes, then switch to heating/hot water. It uses a steady 2.8-3 amps there after, this is on the low fan speed.

So a noticeable difference and I will always start on hot water first from now on so I,ve learnt something from this thread.

Paul.
erneboy and erneboy like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 19-10-2015, 09:29

My Motorhome: Adria vision I707SG
if that works for you then fine, but it still means that the cable is undersized or too far away from the battery or battery below par,
personally I would want to correct the installation problem and get it working right,

Now reitired thank god , looking forward to flying when the weather is good or motorhoming when it´s not, just like to get away from it all now I can take it easy.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 19-10-2015, 17:11

My Motorhome: Flogged it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinghigh View Post
if that works for you then fine, but it still means that the cable is undersized or too far away from the battery or battery below par,
personally I would want to correct the installation problem and get it working right,

The eberspacher hydronic is very demanding on power and everyone with one will report findings more or less the same. There is a little bit of voltage leakage though.

I have 3 batteries which are new, cable is correct size.

Paul.
erneboy and erneboy like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page