Does a SOG suck or blow? - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 12:26 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Oh no - a caravan!!
Thanks Andrew and Kev. Have now found the contact details for SOG Germany http://www.sog-dahmann.de/company/kontakt-und-anfahrt/ so will email them and see what their response is. After all, it's been like this since they made the fan assembly and are aware of the problem - fingers crossed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 13:09

Send a message via MSN to nukeadmin
Morning all, just thought I would respond to this thread as it has been pointed out to me and I am the person who spoke with deefordog

the poster sent an enquiry to our SOG dedicated website at 11:50 yesterday morning, we responded at 13:46 the same day which bearing in mind the time of year I think is responsive.

I spoke to you this morning on the phone at 11:12am , you purchased the van from another owner who had the sog installed by Lowdhams, i looked up some extra info which I thought might be useful, but of course as the system was now over 4 years old we couldn't replace the sog fan under warranty as the manufacturer gives us a 2 year warranty on the fans. One of the problems I mentioned it could be is this diode that in one case in the past had been bought up, but it's not definitely the issue you have just a possibility.

I checked the logs as we try and answer calls as soon as we can, there are 3 of us here today manning the phones and we have a computerised call queuing system which logs calls, length of time in the queue etc, its the only way we can attempt to keep up with demand in the busy season. However even this doesn't help if 3 people call and they all have in depth technical enquiries which take time to work through.

Your call seemed to be in the call queue for around 5 minutes before being answered, I spoke with you, and we were on the phone for again another 5 minutes.

I did check back and yesterday you called us as well but this was at 17:01 and so we were not open.

I don't understand the negativity as I believe as a company we have been more than helpful and responsive in your case.

As any motorhome company will tell you, our business is extremely seasonal, it would be very unwise of a company to take on extra staff, spend months training them to handle basic phone enquiries and calls and take orders to then have them sitting around drinking tea during the much quieter winter months. That way unfortunately leads to an ex business
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 14:17 Thread Starter

Dave - I think you've taken this out of context.

Let's put the record straight on the time of my phone call on Wednesday 9th September. It started at 16.51 and I went to "caller #4 ", then "caller #2 " and finally "next available operative". The waiting, from start to hanging up, lasted for 15 minutes and 15 seconds so I hung up at 5.06pm because yes, I knew you closed at 5.00pm but as the call was in progress, I hung on for as long as possible.

As to your reply yesterday at 13.46 to my earlier enquiry via the SOG website, was the reply by email as nothing has come through to me and nothing in spam/junk. If I had have received/read your reply then I wouldn't have tried to call you this morning. Yes, I rang again this morning and the call was answered promptly, no problem with that. It's just that you're inferring that I rang at 5.01pm yesterday - not correct. I appreciate you telling me about the diode and in that sense, we've made some progress.

So where are we now? I'm not going to spend £60 to replace something that could have been faulty from day one, so to that end, I've emailed SOG Germany and got a response within 50 minutes saying they'll take the "faulty" fan back for inspection.

Job done.

ps. What's this "negativity" you mention? I was simply following other members' comments that they'd had trouble in contacting you and that I shouldn't hold my breath based on what I'd read.

Last edited by deefordog; 10-09-2015 at 14:37.

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 14:52

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 15:03

Send a message via MSN to nukeadmin
did you receive any emails from the helpdesk initially ? as normally the emails get converted into a ticket on the helpdesk and an automatic email is dispatched with login details. Then whenever you or us respond an automatic email is again dispatched
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 15:35 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukeadmin View Post
did you receive any emails from the helpdesk initially ? as normally the emails get converted into a ticket on the helpdesk and an automatic email is dispatched with login details. Then whenever you or us respond an automatic email is again dispatched

Sorry Dave but I didn't receive anything from the Helpdesk. Hence the phone call saga. I don't have an axe to grind with Outdoor Bits and I'm grateful for the info you gave me and appreciate the situation you're in with regards to an "out of warranty" claim. Indeed, there's some gear on your website that interests me and an order will probably follow soon.
nukeadmin and nukeadmin like this.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 21:55

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by deefordog View Post
That's what I thought but after 18 months of frequent usage, we haven't experienced any smells.
I can't believe you haven't experienced any smells in the toilet in 18 months if the fan is working the wrong way.
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 22:15 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWW View Post
I can't believe you haven't experienced any smells in the toilet in 18 months if the fan is working the wrong way.

Maybe it's the copious quantities of blue we use in the cassette lol. Not really, only use about 50ml of blue each time and about the same for the pink as flush water. Occasional whiff but by that time, the cassette's full anyway.

And when Mrs Deefordog goes for a #2 , boy does she go - they're like a baby's arm .

TMI I think
Pudsey_Bear and Pudsey_Bear like this.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 05:59

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by deefordog View Post
Maybe it's the copious quantities of blue we use in the cassette lol. Not really, only use about 50ml of blue each time and about the same for the pink as flush water. Occasional whiff but by that time, the cassette's full anyway.

And when Mrs Deefordog goes for a #2 , boy does she go - they're like a baby's arm .

TMI I think

Give this man a bravery award
cabby and cabby like this.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 17:20 Thread Starter

Update - I sent the fan to SOG Germany at a cost of £8.00.

7 days after sending the fan, a brand new one arrived on my doorstep. no questions asked. Well done SOG Germany.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page