bedtime - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 23:55

Hi

We used to use sleeping bags in camping days. I hated them. Difficult to get into & zip up & down again every time you get up for whatever reason. No turning room & I always felt like a parcel.

We use duvets these days and until now a feather overlay with a cotton cover on. Bed making was easy. Pull bed out , put overlay on & duvet & pillow - bed made. We have a smaller van these days so space is less. Till now as we already had it I have been using a wool overlay by fogarty in a cotton cover, much less bulky thana feather bed. Put on bed cover with duvet & pillow bed made. Other half is using one of those insulating mats in a cotton cover as his overlay. We intend to get 2 memory foam overlays when I see the right one. They roll up quite small.

I beleive Raskelf is at the show so will be hunting them out.

Motorhomer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 14:10

can recommend raskelf, very comfy, and rolls up well. we actually cut ours down a bit, figure you only really need to knees - and it saves on space and use the offcut as pillows!

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 15:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by twooks
can recommend raskelf, very comfy, and rolls up well. we actually cut ours down a bit, figure you only really need to knees - and it saves on space and use the offcut as pillows!

Hello Twooks

Can I ask which of the options available you use. We both are increasingly suffering from painful joints - knees hips etc I see they have one called a portable in standard & higher density both 1inch thick with a cover. Also have one for motorhome which seems to be two inches thick. This one would obviously take up more space.

Thanks

Motorhomer

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 00:50

pretty sure it's
Luxury Portable 190cm (75") x 65cm (26") x 2.5cm (1")
(sizes when rolled up - 65cm (26") long x 30cm (12") thick) 69.95

I talked at length to someone there when I ordered and opted for their recommendation, she reckoned that the cheaper one was suitable for children, and that the MH model
Motor Home single bed (with velour cover)
190cm (75") x 65cm (26") x 5cm (2") 84.99

was more appropriate to the semi permanent beds because of storage issues, and we have a T4 camper.

but will double check depth tomorrow when I can get to the van without freezing to death :P there is actually 2 covers on the mattress -

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 02:21

Thanks for the info Twooks. We have a Timberland van coversion so similar to yours. We had coach built before with plenty of storage so used a lovely NN featherbed. I would think the way its described the mhome one although probably more luxurious would be a bit bulky on the storage. Theportable one looks as if it will be more compact & go under the settee ok daytime.

Motorhomer
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 16:16

Hi as you will gather from the host of mail everybody has their own opinions of comfort

For winter use I preffer the sleeping bag (inner sheets later) I like warmth and No Draughts

However in summer I prefer a Duvet so I can stick my feet out

Inner bags Can be bothersome they will turn with you. So you end up tied up like a mummy

The answer is to sew some loops on to the sleeping bag at each lower coner and tapes on to the inner bag. Tie em together before you get in

YHA shops sell some very light (single bed) ones, Or make some out of a double sheet

If you use sleeping bags they can be opened out flat & used as a duvet
Like as wot we duz
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 18:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by twooks
pretty sure it's
Luxury Portable 190cm (75") x 65cm (26") x 2.5cm (1")
(sizes when rolled up - 65cm (26") long x 30cm (12") thick) 69.95

I talked at length to someone there when I ordered and opted for their recommendation, she reckoned that the cheaper one was suitable for children, and that the MH model

yes that's the one, rolls up to about 12" diameter roll, now have reduced size to about 4'6", and diameter is now more like 8", and cut-off makes great comfy pillows - normal price at about 30.
if you are going to a show try and see them first before you buy - if you can handle the 2" version it'll be really comfy I would guess, and your van is bigger. Motorhomer. Ours has 2 covers, inner - brushed cotton velour type, with full length zip, plus sheet with short zip and elastic loops to fasten whem rolled up.

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 22-02-2005, 14:32

My Motorhome: RS Endeavour
Personal Aire
Another option worth looking at is this cross between a duvet and a sleeping bag which I saw at the NEC yesterday on the Raskelf stand. See
http://www.raskelf.com/mobile_overla...an_duvalay.htm
peedee

The best journeys are not always in straight lines.
To read about our travels visit >this page< Latest updates 6th March 2019
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 22-02-2005, 17:47

We used sleeping bags for some 30+ years in our caravan but changed to a Duvet when we bought the Motor Home. Duvet much better we can wash the cover easily, change to lighter one for the summer etc. We are lucky our made up double bed is exactly 'double bed' size so we use a fitted sheet.

Seems just as quick if not quicker to get it set up, we would never go back to sleeping bags, but as someone said everybody has there own best choice!

Sleep well, we do, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

John

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page