MOTORCYCLE/WHEELCHAIR RACK - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 20:25 Thread Starter

MOTORCYCLE/WHEELCHAIR RACK

Hi
I have been looking for a few months now for my first motorhome. I need to carry a 205kg wheelchair on the back. Am looking for an older coach built or even oplder A class spending around 9K
I would like to hear from anyone who carries this sort of weight sucessfully and has been to the weighbridge so they know they are not liable for a fine.
All advice appreciated as this is getting beyond a joke.
Julian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 21:01

Hi Jools, and welcome to MHF

Have you had a look at this site Hope it helps, seems to be a lot of links and info in there.

Regards M&D
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2004, 08:33

Jools, you may find that my Soverign Stirling Amber three wheeled scooter which is light and easily moved into the inside of my coachbuilt motorhome by my carer, meets your needs. Its range is limited by the size of its batteries, but I have found it has been the best answer for me. The cost about £800. But it does work, the Easylifter platform that I fitted on the rear for my powerchair, has difficulties in that when it is wet the twenty minutes while we strap the chair to the platform proves too much of a hassle.
If you need any more help email [email protected]

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2004, 08:36

My Motorhome: RS Endeavour
Personal Aire
That sounds a lot to hang on the back, even a shop rider doesn't weigh that! Nevertheless I would have thought some of the garage models might be capable of carrying that kind of load. I probable carry about 150/200kgms of disability equipment if I take everything on a long trip but I distribute this fairly evenly over the whole chassis. I have a payload of 700kg and come close to overloading the back axle at times (weigh bridge figures) On these occasions I don't fill up the fresh water tank and dump waste before moving off. Sorry cannot be of further help, you may get more info by posting a question about weights carried in garages on say the Tech Forum?

peedee

The best journeys are not always in straight lines.
To read about our travels visit >this page< Latest updates 6th March 2019
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2004, 09:46 Thread Starter

M/C WHEELCHAIR RACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyandDave
Hi Jools, and welcome to MHF

Have you had a look at this site Hope it helps, seems to be a lot of links and info in there.

Regards M&D
Many thanks for that. I have added the site to my faves ta
Julian

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page