Any Stroke survivors out there? - Page 5 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 17:50

My Motorhome: Esterel 21LB
Send a message via Skype™ to carol
I trust Paul will be alright and the operation will be able to go ahead. Do try to keep us posted.

As everyone else has said, this thread started in 2006 and has just reappeared, and thank you to everyone who shared their lives with us, it is enlightening and inspiring. Thank you all

Carol

Carol

Wishing you the Best
Opportunity never goes away!
It just goes to someone else!

Thinking of Peter, Fiona, Chris,UncleNorm and Viv, but still Fighting with Mavis, Ray, and Paul (Otto)

For friends Click for Photos of Aires, Chateau etc. Please leave comments if you wish.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 20:36

well the mini stroke put paid to the skull flap replacement surgery but we are off to Walton on Tuesday Paul booked in for a week.

He won't discuss it with me but i think he is scared.

He still has slight weakness from the stroke and is still very tired.

Whilst this all was going on we had the builders in, three new bathroom and two bedrooms and a downstairs shower

It has been hard coping with my work, the building work and paul's illness but we are there now. we hope

Last jobs which will be done whilst we are away re carpetting the landing and stairs and the original two bedrooms

I started unloading all the stuff back into the garage today on my own, one third done, I need to lose weight and get fit myself. We had to empty the garage becuase we lifted the roof and bult up for the new bathrooms. I am being diciplined and have filled two bins with rubbish so far

Recuperation is a week in Spain via the new Britanny ferry Cap Finistere with adjoining double bedded cabins

When booking I found out that it has 4 dog cabins at a separate part of the vessel with lino floors for accidents. You cannot book on line but by phone for these. Still cannot take dogs into public parts of vessel but an improvement on the spartan kennels
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 21:18

At the beginning of this thread I said that Paul's experience virtually mirrored mine. I had all sorts of problems for about 2 years after my surgery including a titanium plate over the top of my skull which was infilled with skull shavings. That was in 1993 as a very fit 43 year old who played sport on a daily basis as a qualified squash coach, runner and regular football player.

By 1995 I was pretty much back to normal except for playing sport and I did fully recover (almost). And I've even got hair - quite a lot of it.

The point I'm trying (very badly) to make is that very often things do seem bad but there is more often than not light at the end of the tunnel.

Good luck.

post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 10:35

Well I ended up going to Spain on my own as Paul did not feel up to it.

His operation went well a plastic resin plate but he was very tired

Theb trip nearly killed me. I slept all the way, out and back, on the Ferry. BUt the farm is now done. 5 years on

However Friday he came down with a face looking as if he had gone a couple of rounds with Tyson.

Off to GP who did an immediate referal to the hospital, I drove him up. Admitted MRI, computer consultations with Walton Neurological center and at 10pm air ambulance to Liverpool

03.00 Staurday operation to remove skull plate to relieve swelling due to infection. Apparently some sort of rejection going on.

Now its a thre month wait for another type of skull plate

In mean time this episode has lost Paul some co ordination

I have spent week end re jigging the week ahed and am off on boat at 15.30

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page