Mobility Scooters - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 22:08

I use one of these...

8 mile range, fits in the back of the van.. Kids think its cool..

Used it in France, UK and Spain... No problems anywhere..
Oh the little dog in the trailer is disabled too..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 09:34

Re: Mobility Scooters

[quote="javea"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswells
If you need any more info just shout or pm me, you won't regret the purchase!

Mike
THat looks a great bit of kit Mike. Can I ask how sturdy it is as it does look a wee bit "fragile"
And any idea yet how long the battery lasts, don't mean the range, but in total

Ta
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 06:02

TravelScoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswells
Hi all but particularly 1387121
I have taken the plunge and ordered a TravelScoot and it is being dispatched today. Will report progress when I have had it a little while. Meantime ever so many thanks for the suggestion and for your other comments. I feel that this is just the solution I need.
Boswells
Hi Boswell,

I'm delighted to read you have ordered a TravelScoot from Germany - I think you will be impressed with it as I have been.

Anyway I thought you might like to know that in Sept of last year I too purchased a TravelScoot which I purchased in readiness for our 3 month motorhome trip around Morocco.

I am happy to report that I am absolutely delighted with it and it really was a godsend in a country like Morocco, especially as dropped kerbs are practically non existent over there! Being such a lightweight scooter you can easily dismount and lift it down off a pavement or across any type of obstacle you may encounter yourself and you don't need someone with you to manage it. Obviously a TravelScoot is not ideal for someone who has no mobility whatsoever and you need to be able to use your legs reasonably well to be able to use it. It has no reverse and so you need to reverse it using your feet but honestly it's so easy and you soon get used to this. If it is to be used by someone who still has some degree of leg mobility or who has any other medical problem that makes it difficult to walk very far etc, then the TravelScoot is a fantastic and versatile piece of kit which will truly enhance your freedom.

If I want to go out shopping on my own for example; I can put the whole scooter fully assembled into the boot of my car myself and then when I reach my destination, I can easily lift it out of the boot by myself. With my much heavier and bigger Pride mobility scooter, now that would be impossible for me to do on my own and so if I ever need to take that anywhere, I definitely need my husband with me to lift it out the car boot and put it together etc.

The TravelScoot has given me back my independence and my freedom and I cannot begin to tell you how much I value that!

It folds up really neatly; a bit like a child's buggy and it easily fits into any motorhome locker or garage. Oh and then there's the fact that if you are away in your motorhome and you wish to use public transport ie buses, trains, trams, the underground or local taxis etc then a TravelScoot will easily fit into any of these modes of transport.

One thing I would recommend purchasing is a 2nd battery, preferably the lithium battery, not the heavier SLA battery. (Mind you the lithium battery is not cheap though, which is why I didn't order a spare one with my original order) There is ample height space on the TravelScoot to carry a spare battery should you run out of power and the spare battery will conveniently sit on top of the connected up battery pack. I have recently purchased a spare lithium battery and I feel far happier now knowing that I can go twice the distance.

It is very nippy at 6mph and you will be amazed at its performance. I go whizzing along like a good un on mine and often get stopped by people who are fascinated by it!

It's a tough little bit of kit and although it may be made from a lightweight construction, its very robust and strong. I am ..... well let's say - a rather well rounded lady (my polite terminology for a fatty) and it easily handles my weight with no problem!

You can read a blog on the Internet by a lady called Elizabeth who has written a blog about her travels around the globe on her TravelScoot which she aptly calls "Elizabeth's TravelScoot Blog!" She is an American lady, weighing a mighty 450lbs! i think you will agree that this clearly demonstrates the strength of this amazing little scooter.

For anyone who may be interested to know more about this scooter click on these links to watch a selection of videos demonstrating someone using a TravelScoot:

http://youtu.be/GBRc0EyBTNs

http://youtu.be/DvD8yO035hM

http://youtu.be/2YnDJwMMuZ0

http://youtu.be/k-HLjJZXSjI

Hope this review has been helpful?

Sue x

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page