Lithuania - 7 weeks in the Baltic states - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 28-12-2017, 22:43

My Motorhome: Adria Coral 690SP
We are heading "Up the Baltics" (oh missus the old ones are the best) in March so will keep you posted or answer any questions.

My big issue is about weight as we have been upplated to 38500 by SVtech(other options are available) This seems to mean a Go Box for parts of Poland and in Latvia. But there is no upplate on the van( I have not got round to fixing it yet) and I have a good copy of the V5 showing 3500...............so my thought is to just blag it as a 3500.........have no problem with the cost but the go box just seems too complicated.

I imagine if I look like 3500,show a V5 as 3500,and pay as a 3500 then unless they have weighing scales or a direct link to DVLA then all will be OK.
What do you think ........what actually happens when you buy a vignette at the border

Peter and Carmel

Spooky travelled with us for 5 years and over 20,000 miles.He died aged 11 and is buried in Delphi in Greece.
Now that's a great age and a great adventure for a rabbit and I think he deserves a mention.

The best things in Life...........................are not Things !!

Life is really, really great …...........sometimes it's a bit sh*t............and then you die !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 29-12-2017, 14:41

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webby1 View Post
I imagine if I look like 3500,show a V5 as 3500,and pay as a 3500 then unless they have weighing scales or a direct link to DVLA then all will be OK.....
I guess it might, webby, but when you really NEED things to work (as in, when you're involved in an incident) you may be found wanting and might find your insurance invalid.

Personally, I wouldn't chance it.

Jean
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 27-05-2018, 15:40

My Motorhome: I drive Niesmann Bischoff Flair 6700,
Send a message via Skype™ to Robertas M.
Hello, I'm sorry that I did not answer you immediately, I did not see your question, but if the information is still relevant, I answer. paid roads only for commercial vehicle transport, we do not need to pay for traveling, weight is not limited.
GMJ and GMJ like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page