Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat - View Single Post - Attention - Password and Security Update

View Single Post
post #219 of (permalink) Old 16-07-2016, 21:14
Penquin

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
I doubt that I am the only one, but I have received an e-mail from VS into my normal home e-mail account - not the one registered with MHF, warning me about the security breach - more or less a repeat of the "Important Notice" we have all seen repeatedly displayed and with the same requirements for a 10 digit minimum password with capitals and symbols included......

Just a couple of points about this; it names a forum NOT MHF

it was delivered to my junk mail unsurprisingly as I have never used that e-mail address to communicate with MHF but only with what I believed to be senior members of the VS Admin team when they were seeking help back in the first few weeks after they took over.

So, my surprise is why the forum is wrong and why an e-mail address sent IN CONFIDENCE to a senior person in VS is now being used for such contact - with the wrong forum anyway.......

I would like some clarification and would be happy to provide further info via PM, but to me, this seems like a further breach of security........

Dave

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome