Dusseldorf Exhibition 2011 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 21-07-2011, 21:21 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Esterel 21LB
Send a message via Skype™ to carol
Dusseldorf Exhibition 2011

I know quite a few who are going as there was a thread and as usual I can't find it with this search engine

So my question is this please

I know one can stay on site and there are some 800 pitches with hook-up and another 1200 without. Pls read pitches in inverted commas!!

What I have failed to understand from the caravan salon web site is the cost per night. How does one pay (card or cash)

I am a member since 2007 (and know that gets us a discount at the show itself but not sure if it makes camping any cheaper) when we last went over but due to having sold our motorhome we had had to stay in a hotel

Many thanks.

Carol

Carol

Wishing you the Best
Opportunity never goes away!
It just goes to someone else!

Thinking of Peter, Fiona, Chris,UncleNorm and Viv, but still Fighting with Mavis, Ray, and Paul (Otto)

For friends Click for Photos of Aires, Chateau etc. Please leave comments if you wish.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 21-07-2011, 21:29

My Motorhome: Hymer B504 on Ducato 2.8jtd
Personal Aire
Carol,

It's between €12 and €22 per day between 0800 - 1600 hrs , depending on whether you want electricity or you are a Salon Club member or not. Overnight is free as long as you have tickets for that or the following day, see...

https://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopic...6.html#1088326

Pete
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 21-07-2011, 22:05

only 9 Euros for ADAC members if Etickets if bought in advance

https://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopic-110647.html

Dusseldorf show in English

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 21-07-2011, 22:22

Send a message via AIM to CliveMott Send a message via MSN to CliveMott Send a message via Yahoo to CliveMott
Camping fields are massive. Its not quit Caravan Club rules but it works!.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dussledorf_2007_152.jpg (143.8 KB, 0 views)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 22-07-2011, 10:25

We have had an email from [email protected] this morning, and (according to Google Translate) it looks as though advance purchase e-tickets are also Euro 9 for Salon members.

"Now you can shop on-line ticket https://eshop.messe-duesseldorf.de/CS_CaravanClub advance tickets for the CARAVAN SALON DÜSSELDORF 2011 buy - of course at the low club prices.
For a day ticket will cost € 9 and a two-day ticket 15 €. Also, children's tickets (for children under 12 years) at a price of € 5 you can buy in advance.
It is a very handy feature: From this year all tickets are eTicket, you can even print out at home. Nevertheless, the tickets will continue to apply as a ticket for the transport association Rhein-Ruhr. All tickets are valid also for hiking and trekking tour fair nature, by the second take place until 04.09.2011 in Hall 1 and 2. Payment for tickets can be made by credit card."

Barry
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 22-07-2011, 14:53 Thread Starter

Thanks to all for replies. I knew cost for entrance to Exhibition (that is shown on English page). It was the CAMPING prices I had failed to understand and with The post above I think I have now understood it. You pay during the day but parking 1600-0800 is free.

0800 is a bit early for us to get on the road, we are slow snails in the morning but for that price we may make an exception

Cheers everyone, as always someone has the answer

Carol

Carol

Wishing you the Best

Thinking of Peter, Fiona, Chris,UncleNorm and Viv, but still Fighting with Mavis, Ray, and Paul (Otto)

For friends Click for Photos of Aires, Chateau etc. Please leave comments if you wish.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 22-07-2011, 22:15

Hi, Carol.

You have to be very prompt on the 0800 departure - they put up barriers at 0800 and charge you to get out if you haven't got a paid parking ticket for the day.

It's also worthwhile once you have pitched up to work out your departure route, since it isn't always obvious and straightforward. And whatever the marshalls try to make you do, make sure that there is enough room between you and the van in front to be able to get off your pitch easily. You need to take account of the large number of trees so that you have a clear line.

I don't want to make it sound difficult - it isn't - but at 0745 it can be very trying to find that the nearest access to one of the exit avenues through the car park has been chained close and you have to find a marshall to unlock the posts to let you out before 0800.

Regards,

Dr (musical, not medical) Roy
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 22-07-2011, 22:22 Thread Starter

Thanks Roy perhaps the answer is to leave at the end of the day to avoid that,

Anyone thoughts on a place to stop without driving too far for the night. We are planning to drive southwards

Thanks for the points though theybare really appreciated. Why when it doesn't open until 1000 they don't give you a bit more time to get out I don't know.

Roy you should still have my mobile number I assume yours may be the same as when we met up at the NEC

Carol

Carol

Wishing you the Best

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page