MHF Insurance query - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 12:54

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 85 2007
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by peribro
As for driving around and parking up, then so long as you are within the territorial limits set out in your policy (probably UK or UK and EU) then you are covered.
But, according to the OP, that's exactly what MHF insurance are trying not to do, even though there is no reference to this in their policy.

Could we have clarification on the forum from MHF Insurance please?

I'm not signing anything.

The two impulses in travel are to get away from home, and the other is to pursue something - a landscape, people, an exotic place. Certainly finding a place that you like or discovering something unusual is a very sustaining thing in travel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 12:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by peribro
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthompson
If we park at an uninsurable address while out with the Motorhome would they deme the insurance void? How would we know which post code areas are uninsurable?
There is a distinction between where a vehicle is normally parked (usually someone's home address) and where it may be parked whilst it is away from where it is normally parked. In respect of the former, you are obliged to tell the insurance company when you take out a policy if the normal place of parking / storing / residence changes. As for driving around and parking up, then so long as you are within the territorial limits set out in your policy (probably UK or UK and EU) then you are covered.
As the OP posted if you are within the teritorial limits on the policy, but not parked on a licenced site, then they are saying you would not be insured.

If you park in an unsecured car park (as most are) is your insurance invalid? If you park on a Aire do you invalidate your insurance?

It seems the insurers are able to move the goal posts without informing you until you attempt to make a claim.

This seems to be opening a potential "can of worms".

We can only wait until Monday to find if MHF and Comfort (AVIVA)have imposed conditions that we are unaware of.

John
post #13 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 15:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulawayolass
I will update everyone on monday as soon as l hear what the reply is on Monday & said if parking was discounted then there would be a deluge of calls and she said oh my goodness was worried. I pointed out the reason we have MH is for the freedom was a nice lady, understood but unable to answer Q hence Monday when the underwriter was in.

With regards shopping if you did not park in london in a recognised (secured) car park you wouldnt be covered nor would you be covered in the sheep field.
My motorhome has been parked in the street in Covent Garden for three weeks without being moved - it most certainly IS covered, because when I took out the insurance I told them that I keep it in the street.

And if I sometimes choose to sleep in it, whilst it is in the street, eg if I have visitors and need the spare bed, then what difference does that make?

post #14 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 15:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherChloe
Quote:
I will update everyone on monday as soon as l hear what the reply is on Monday & said if parking was discounted then there would be a deluge of calls and she said oh my goodness was worried. I pointed out the reason we have MH is for the freedom was a nice lady, understood but unable to answer Q hence Monday when the underwriter was in.

With regards shopping if you did not park in london in a recognised (secured) car park you wouldnt be covered nor would you be covered in the sheep field.
My motorhome has been parked in the street in Covent Garden for three weeks without being moved - it most certainly IS covered, because when I took out the insurance I told them that I keep it in the street.

And if I sometimes choose to sleep in it, whilst it is in the street, eg if I have visitors and need the spare bed, then what difference does that make?
Hi,

Are you with MHF Insurance?
post #15 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 15:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_n_Suzy

Hi,

Are you with MHF Insurance?
yes.

And lookking through my documentation, I can find the schedules but no detailed policy document - and I am a thorough filer of documents
post #16 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 16:28

crikey I am just about to take out insurance and now wait for yor feedabck on Monday
post #17 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 16:48

Re: MHF Insurance "warning*

Quote:
I have just been ringing round for quotes for CB as his insurance is up end of this month. MHF l was interested in until they said they DON'T cover wildcamping they will ONLY cover if it is on a secured registered site.

The person l spoke to will speak to the underwriter on monday and let me know then but a heads up and if anyone had come across MHF or any other insurance.

This came up as they would cover me for work but l had to park at a secured site and not "the side of the road" even if l was sleeping in him. I said what happened if l was off touring and pulled over at a nice place to spend the night and was told they only cover secured sites & l wouldn't be covered.

They did seem to swop the words secured and registered so l assume they mean a cc or cl or equiv. site.
Hi,

I honestly cannot see this being the case, because if it is, as an Insurance Policy for a Motorhome it really is about as much use as a Chocolate Fireguard.

Surely someone has got their wires crossed?
post #18 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 16:58

Re: MHF Insurance "warning*

Quote:
I have just been ringing round for quotes for CB as his insurance is up end of this month. MHF l was interested in until they said they DON'T cover wildcamping they will ONLY cover if it is on a secured registered site.

The person l spoke to will speak to the underwriter on monday and let me know then but a heads up and if anyone had come across MHF or any other insurance.

This came up as they would cover me for work but l had to park at a secured site and not "the side of the road" even if l was sleeping in him. I said what happened if l was off touring and pulled over at a nice place to spend the night and was told they only cover secured sites & l wouldn't be covered.

They did seem to swop the words secured and registered so l assume they mean a cc or cl or equiv. site.
Sounds like you have been talking to a Muppet who does not know what they are doing, if this the case MHF could lose a lot of business, however, if the information is incorrect this level of incompetence could still cause damage the business.
post #19 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 17:16

My Motorhome: Hymer B584
Hardly believable, we are with Comfort, just renewed in fact, are they saying if it burns down on an aire or someone nicks the wheels when parked on the Quay in Rouen, then there is no cover? Astounding !

I watch for the grovelling reply with interest.
post #20 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 17:18

Peribro is absolutely correct about the normal address. I have just downloaded a copy of the policy document for Aviva Mortorhome Insurance as offered by Comfort which confirms the same.
I am happy to forward to anyone else should you require a copy.
My email is [email protected].

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page