unable to insure on chassis number for brand new van - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 10:46

My Motorhome: Neismann & Bischoff Arto 66F
Personal Aire
Re: van numer plate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondel
Well Camper NE have just rung me. They have gone through their partners Camper UK and given me a number. Now decision time. Should we go for MHF, Comfort or the unfamiliar Frank Pickles? Has anyone out there any advice or opinions or even a totally different company? Grateful for any advice.
Safeguard always in past but at £150 seems silly to stay with them unless there is a very good reason.
MHF / Comfort are normally exactly the same policy. Frank Pickles have been seen around for a long time....

[/SIZE]
As far as I know, the only motorhoming Oxford United supporter in Bognor.

I don't feed trolls!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 13:19

My Motorhome: Hymer B544SL
Have a look at the policy details of each to see if either one offers better cover, I went for Comfort 2 years ago and will be renewing again this year.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 13:42

My Motorhome: Pilote 740C Sensation
Personal Aire
What are Safeguard offering that the others are not?

They assure me they will cover your vehicle whilst it in the hands of the trade except when being driven by the garage staff. The overseas accident and breakdown is supplied as standard and has good reports. Do the others offer these benefits?

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 15:21

My Motorhome: LMC
Personal Aire
FROM WHAT I CAN SEE AT THE MOMENT it is like for like. Myself, spouse, son, daughter, uk and EU breakdown. 8000 miles ( ok Safeguard is unlimited mileage but not likely to do more than that.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 16:49

Hello,

The certificate thing is correct, but others are spot on Brokers issue cover notes and these can be issued with a Chasis number, just bell them when you know the reg number.

I would just watch the fee's, I was suprised to see that it is £35.00 to make any change on my policy! So you may be charged for a cover note and def add on drivers now not mid term!

I am new to this only had the toy a few weeks, but I went with Comfort was too young! for some insurers and underwritten by AVIVA who as an Insurance Broker (not motorhomes mainly commercial stuff, fleets, garages) I would pay more to be with them over others.

I like the wording, AVIVA have always added in Buisness Use at no real cost which is handy if I can use the Van for Friday Appointments and take a weekend away. Having read the wording only issue I would say is some limitations on the breakdown cover. (RAC) with Comfort is a £2500 limit overseas to recover ( I know RAC paid out over £900 for a Lrover Discover from Scotland to Hereford) so a 4.0T mhome will be much more. Also wording suggests at discretion to provide onward travel i.e driver / car hire etc. This is not really ideal for me as the Wife does not have the licence category to drive our mhome and two little kids so I will take out other cover for our Europe Trip.

HTH

James
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 13-10-2014, 10:14

It is your choice

In your case I would say that you shold go and talk to the dealer, as they are being the pain in the butt. The insurance company has nothing to do with the resistrations. The deaers will privde you with the type of insurane and you can choose the one which you want. The insurance companies wokr according to your selected plan.

I guess they are just making it difficult for you. You can even pick your won registration number.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 13-10-2014, 10:29

My Motorhome: Hobby Siesta HGE
As the OP is two and a half years old I assume the problem has been sorted

Comfort in fact do Insure now using chassis no.

Im Hotel bin ich Gast; im Wohnmobil darheim
Chez soi-C´est ou on se stationne!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page