I saved with MHF Insurance - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 23-12-2011, 09:57 Thread Starter

I saved with MHF Insurance

Just a good news post for MHF Insurance.

Obviously insurance quotes vary on a lot of different circumstances but for me

30 y/o male - IT job
30 y/o Mrs -accountant - additional driver
£25,000 CI 656
CAT1 alarm
1 at fault claim
East Yorkshire
No accrued NCD on the MH (previous policy had a no NCD endorsement)

I had my renewal quote through from Sureterm £432, pretty much around the ball park I was expecting tbh. It was more than last year but insurance is reportedly costing more and the sureterm fees looked v high this year.

I started a little shop around and

£1321 - Caravan Club
£865 - C&CC
£830 - Safeguard, they did call me though and offer full mirror of car NCD to bring it to £444

£300 - Comfort

£287 - MHF Insurance

I ran a few others through and the prices were up more than double on MHF so I decided enough was enough and bought with MHF. (I seem to have misplaced the other companies and prices)

Renewal saving of £145
Minimum saving £13 (Comfort - same as MHF)
Maximum saving £1034 (Caravan Club)

I did run into the same issue as someone else had mentioned in the forums that the documents were not dispatched. I bought the policy about 2 weeks in advance of the required date. No documents arrived by a week after the policy started.

1 phone call and the documents have arrived 2 days later.

The quote engine and details to be entered were far and away the easiest on MHF/Comfort. Very easy to navigate and to change details then requote e.g for more mileage, parking location etc.

A happy customer so far

Ben
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 23-12-2011, 10:16

I just rang MHF insurance re breakdown because my van wont move (it starts but will not move off) and the numbers I was trying were getting me nowhere (though mhf have given me the number previously but I couldnt find it) .
MHF were really really helpful as well as pleasant and gave me the number , unfortunately the rac are not promising to be here before lunchtime , I called at 9, but I am rather remote though I would have thought there would be vans placed further down the coast where it is more populated so a possible wait of over 3hrs is excessive methinks , I will let you know what time they turn up.

edit
RAC just rang he says he is 35 mins away but the roads are really busy so we can only hope at least it is not going to be after lunch !!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 23-12-2011, 16:46

Rear nearside wheel had locked and he took it off cleaned everything and rubbed all the dust of with emery and had us on our way to Port Glasgow within 30mins so I am so glad I took out the inclusive insurance with MHF

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page