MHF Insurance Quick Review - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 18-07-2011, 17:32 Thread Starter

MHF Insurance Quick Review

Good, simple and easy to use web site.

Minimum data maximum effect.

Fast call back after completion.

Sadly price quoted was over £1k - £650 more than the average price from other companies.

Still am confused why.

Apart from that it was painles experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 19-07-2011, 11:01

Send a message via MSN to nukeadmin
Quote:
Sadly price quoted was over £1k - £650 more than the average price from other companies.
strange, usually its the other way around !
hmmm If you want I can maybe ask what (if any) factor raised the value so much ?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 19-07-2011, 11:44

My Motorhome: Niesmann Bischoff Flair
It would be good if you could please speak with the underwriters concerning the acceptance of alarm systems. At present MHF only accept Thatcham approved alarms and trackers.

Every other insurer...well them that I have checked with accept my Motorhome Defender Alarm/Tracker which is installed in a lot of members vans as not being a recognised/approved system.

It is Sold Secure approved and is a fully monitored tracking system which can actually immobilise the vehicle remotely if it has been stolen.

A great system, but due to it being a combined system Thatcham have no way of approving it. It actually offers a higher level of protection than thatcham systems but it does not fall into any of there testing catagories. ie alarm and tracker in same unit.

Can something be done to accept Motorhome Defender as an approved Alarm and Tracker.

The quote I have received is very favourable when I say I have a Thatcham approved system but MHF will not insure if I say it is not Thatcham even if my system provides a higher level of potection.

Appreciate if you could raise this please. You must be loosing business. Other insurers offer great discounts if you have this system installed.

Could be advantages to all concerned

Thanks,

Stewart

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 19-07-2011, 11:54

Send a message via MSN to nukeadmin
Quote:
The quote I have received is very favourable when I say I have a Thatcham approved system but MHF will not insure if I say it is not Thatcham even if my system provides a higher level of potection.
this could be because the underwriter actually has this as a mandatory requirement i.e. that it has to be Thatcham approved, were any of the quotes you got which were lower using Aviva as the underwriter ?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 19-07-2011, 11:59

[quote="nukeadmin"]
Quote:

this could be because the underwriter actually has this as a mandatory requirement i.e. that it has to be Thatcham approved, were any of the quotes you got which were lower using Aviva as the underwriter ?
All the quotes were considerably lower saying I have a Thatcham system. Unfortunately, the system will not quote if I say I have nothing installed as my Van is worth more than the 75K limit.

It's just seems a technicallity that they only accept Thatcham when other accept the Motorhome Defender.

At the price MHF are offering it might even be worth removing it and replacing, a shame as it's the best system on the marrket and has just cost me around 700 GBP

Thanks,

Stewart
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 19-07-2011, 12:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartwebr
At the price MHF are offering it might even be worth removing it and replacing, a shame as it's the best system on the marrket and has just cost me around 700 GBP
I would have thought a system costing that much it would be in their interests to have it assessed for Thatcham Category Approval.

Thatcham is a not for profit company funded by insurance companies.

http://www.thatcham.org/security/index.jsp?page=75
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 19-07-2011, 13:26

Re: MHF Insurance Quick Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewandShirley
Good, simple and easy to use web site.

Minimum data maximum effect.

Fast call back after completion.

Still am confused why.

Apart from that it was painles experience.
Usually a very high premium is the brokers way of letting you know they don't want your business.

At least this way you can say you have not been refused insurance.

It happens a lot.

Don
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 19-07-2011, 14:56

[/quote]I would have thought a system costing that much it would be in their interests to have it assessed for Thatcham Category Approval.

Thatcham is a not for profit company funded by insurance companies.

http://www.thatcham.org/security/index.jsp?page=75[/quote]

Thats the issue Thatcham have no means of testing as it fits into none of there present categories.
So its a bit of a mess. Most other insurers accept it due to it being Sold Secure Approved which is the EU equivelent to Thatcham

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page