Poor follow-up on MHF insurance - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 23-04-2011, 16:09 Thread Starter

Poor follow-up on MHF insurance

Renewed my insurance this month and took out platinum cover with MHF. When my certificate arrived there was a schedule, statement of facts with it but no paperwork describing the policy. I checked the statement of facts section 6B - do you require additional benefits of our MHF platinum option and was marked no. Section 3 Type of cover says Comprehensive platinum.
On the schedule its marked MHF platinum cover. On the rear under endorsement 221 its got motor caravan gold plus. I phoned and was told it was a computor error and I did have the platinum cover and there was no such thing as gold cover and new paperwork would be sent. It never happened but I take it everything is in order!!!!!!
I leave on Friday for the continent and I phoned this morning to check the telephone number for contacts from abroad. I do have the 0800 number for UK. Does anybody know what the tel no is from abroad.
The girl this morning promised to email me with it but never did.!!!
Derek
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 23-04-2011, 16:59
BwB

Here you go, have a copy of the one they emailed me.

Have a great trip!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf mhf_policy_booklet_159.pdf (263.3 KB, 15 views)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 23-04-2011, 18:48

Having read these 2 posts I am a bit unclear on the exact coverage for a Comprehensive policy with Aviva, can someone kindly set my mind at rest and confirm that with my MHF Aviva Comprehensive policy my motorhome is covered by insurance when we go to France in June? (Not for breakdown/recovery, we have separate).

Thanks in anticipation.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 23-04-2011, 19:00
BwB

My understanding is that MHF insurance does cover you for Europe. You either have it with or without breakdown cover. But, that's just my understanding, I have no idea which policy you purchased or what limitations they may have put.

Have a look through the insurance forums and the insurance menu (at the top right of this page) for general description of cover. But you should double check this with the agent if you are not sure.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 23-04-2011, 20:33

It is comfort insuance address, can they not Help
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 23-04-2011, 21:52

I now see that the Comprehensive policy does cover most of Europe, but not for breakdown. The countries covered are named and for the others a green card is needed, this just has to be applied for. The Platinum policy I believe includes breakdown/recovery cover.

Thanks for your replies,

Possum4.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page