how do I get an MHF insurance quote? - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 13-04-2018, 08:19

My Motorhome: 2002 Autocruise Wentworth
Personal Aire
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Hi Lee, nice to see you back posting.

I think it may be that, so I've got it elsewhere for 190, I didn't mention the claim, cover is not as good, but no frilly bits I don't need like legal and contents etc.

I went back to Esure yet again and was firmly told it isn't a none fault claim, there was no claim made on my insurance at all it went straight to the other drivers insurance.

I'm not sure what notification only means though, but I have kept a record of both Esure calls & to my now insurer, should it all go tits up in the event of a claim, I think the insurance ombudsman will see my reasoning, and agree with it, touch wood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 13-04-2018, 21:46

My Motorhome: Hymer B644GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev_n_Liz View Post
Hi Lee, nice to see you back posting.

I think it may be that, so I've got it elsewhere for 190, I didn't mention the claim, cover is not as good, but no frilly bits I don't need like legal and contents etc.

I went back to Esure yet again and was firmly told it isn't a none fault claim, there was no claim made on my insurance at all it went straight to the other drivers insurance.

I'm not sure what notification only means though, but I have kept a record of both Esure calls & to my now insurer, should it all go tits up in the event of a claim, I think the insurance ombudsman will see my reasoning, and agree with it, touch wood.
Hi Kev

Thanks for that! correction to my previous post; i meant to say the european breakdown was an extra 50 quid.

190 wow that's a great price, really glad you have got something sorted

Lee
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 15-04-2018, 09:50

Personal Aire
I renewed last week did a wee big of looking around to ensure it was good value and it was, still substantially cheaper than anything else I was quoted
chasper and chasper like this.

The Beer Always Wins

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 08:50

My Motorhome: Hymer T625
Just took mine away from them yesterday. The attitude is NOT what it was. I was insured with them for 7 years and they didn't even wave goodbye!

Reason: started a new policy and my son made a mistake on the projected mileage when giving them information. I went through the info and saw the premium was through the roof. I asked them to correct a couple of days into the policy and they said "too bad, no, that's what you said" even though the projection would have been impossible to achieve for a working man and was way out of line with previous usage. Apply logic and common sense? Not on their watch! Not much of a "Comfort". This is not the first time they have "annoyed the hell out of me". So cancelled under the 14-day clause.

I also tried Camping and Caravanning Club and after an hour on the phone, 20 mins of which was spent listening to their 16-bar on-hold jingle, they declined to cover. Why? Because he doesn't have another car + insurance in his name. It's in his company name, his car, his company.

Final solution AIB brokers who were excellent, offered me a 10% discount for "sign up today" which we did. Good (and appropriate) terms, 180 days Europe cover. More than I paid last year, but I think worth the extra!
Pudsey_Bear likes this.

Viv

"When I was 17 the boys used to call me "Coke-bottle-legs". Fifty years later, they are still like Coke bottles. Sadly, the 2 litre version!"
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 18:16

My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 786 (2006)
Thanks for the info on this thread. I was concerned Comfort might not offer the same level of service as MHF but it looks like they are OK.

Just got my renewal this morning 314.52 (same price as on the Comfort website for an over cab bed MH) compared to 301.68 last year.

Breakdown cover is first class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page