Do you have to belong to MHF to use MHF Insurance - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 19-03-2014, 08:46

I was with Saga, then moved to Comfort for a lower price.
Last year, I got a better deal back at Saga and I have just renewed again with Saga for an even lower price and a higher cover.
My bargaining power was that both our car and M/H renewed at the same time.
You do need to shop around, but I have found that Saga NOW seem to be looking at loyalty, but you DO need to mention it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 19-03-2014, 10:37

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by peribro
Comfort and MHF are not the same and their pricing is different so no good phoning Comfort to ask them the question. As to the question, no you don't need to be a member of MHF in order to buy your insurance through them.
they use the same underwriter, Aviva, and to all extents and purposes are the same policies - if you look at the policy cover of Comfort and MHF insurances they are almost identical, but the pricing does differ between the 2.

and the Lord said unto John "come forth and receive eternal life". but John came fifth and won a toaster........
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 19-03-2014, 10:37

My Motorhome: Adria Coral 690SP
Insurance

We are with MHF insurance as we thought any commission earned would go towards MHF.......................but thinking now of changing to Comfort.

I have always thought that they were exactly the same and all part of Victor Milwall..................can anyone confirm that prices and policies are indeed the same.

Peter and Carmel

Spooky travelled with us for 5 years and over 20,000 miles.He died aged 11 and is buried in Delphi in Greece.
Now that's a great age and a great adventure for a rabbit and I think he deserves a mention.

The best things in Life...........................are not Things !!

Life is really, really great …...........sometimes it's a bit sh*t............and then you die !!

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 19-03-2014, 10:38

webby - look at my post above yours

and the Lord said unto John "come forth and receive eternal life". but John came fifth and won a toaster........
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 19-03-2014, 11:04

My Motorhome: Burstner Elegance
Quote:
Quote:
Comfort and MHF are not the same and their pricing is different so no good phoning Comfort to ask them the question. As to the question, no you don't need to be a member of MHF in order to buy your insurance through them.
they use the same underwriter, Aviva, and to all extents and purposes are the same policies - if you look at the policy cover of Comfort and MHF insurances they are almost identical, but the pricing does differ between the 2.
It's like buying a large box of Persil from Tesco and another identical box from Lidl. The boxes of Persil can be identical but obviously Tesco is not the same as Lidl - and nor are their prices.

Peter
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 19-03-2014, 11:10

Quote:
It's like buying a large box of Persil from Tesco and another identical box from Lidl. The boxes of Persil can be identical but obviously Tesco is not the same as Lidl - and nor are their prices.
and I did say that pricing does differ between the Comfort and MHF policies - not much but a bit - so is in line with your analogy

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 19-03-2014, 11:10

My Motorhome: Burstner Elegance
Re: Insurance

Quote:
We are with MHF insurance as we thought any commission earned would go towards MHF.......................but thinking now of changing to Comfort.

I have always thought that they were exactly the same and all part of Victor Milwall..................can anyone confirm that prices and policies are indeed the same.
Comfort Insurance is a trading name of Victor Millwell Insurance Agency Limited whereas Fusion Concepts (Trading as Motorhome Facts) is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Victor Millwell. MHF prices have in the past been about 10% less than Comfort's. Whether that is still the same now or not I don't know. Best way to find out is to get quotes.

Peter
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 19-03-2014, 18:26 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: 2012 Bailey Approach 740
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabby
Is there a reason why you are thinking of not renewing membership.

cabby
I was considering it, too many petty comments on here for my liking but I can put up with them for 10% off the premium which is more than the subscription

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page