Naturists - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 13-06-2012, 11:10

My Motorhome: Burstner Elegance i821G 2006
Feel liberated and free when naked. The soft brush of a breeze across bare flesh on a hot day. Swimming is great naked too. As for day to day things. If you are naked it is just the same as doing them clothed except believe it or not, no clothes....

It is really no big deal.

I generally find naturists to be friendly people and open to chat about anything.

I appreciate the all over tan effect too.

It may not be for everybody, but you need to try it out at least once. Been going nude onn beaches all my life so not ashamed of anything. If you have been abroad you will have seen some sights that would make you wonder, but hey as they say live and let live..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 13-06-2012, 11:36

Gretchbald quote:
I see Russell was/is a seaman and like me will have seen /done things which in keeping with the code will 'stay at sea'.
Dave P likes fast bikes, only thing I was ever really good at, so understand the liberating feeling. Perhaps these two have still got youthful bodies and are proud to show them off.

Yeah Here I am, the one on the right of the bottom picture.
In my youthfull days I did pose for Michaelangeo

Attached Images
File Type: jpg michelangelos_david_172.jpg (28.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg assen_2009_171.jpg (72.6 KB, 1 views)
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 13-06-2012, 11:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchibald
My own conditioning over the years tells me that if I am naked I am either going to bathe sleep or have sex;
Yep, it's for those who live in hope of having sex.... Ready and waiting!

post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 13-06-2012, 12:10 Thread Starter

Unlikely----unless you ditch that overcoat ! (joking)
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 13-06-2012, 12:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchibald
Unlikely----unless you ditch that overcoat ! (joking)
Not me!!!!! I'm not a naturist nor am I ready and waiting for sex.

Please keep up.
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 13-06-2012, 13:13

I have been an active naturist for 40+ years. It is the freedom of not having to wear clothing to do anything.

I burn easily so don't sit in the sun, but my body can breath and sweat evaporate if I am not containing it in clothing.

I enjoy swimming as well as saunas and steam rooms. Wearing clothing for this to me seems peverse.

Washing the van etc. is simple, if water splashes it just flows off or evaporates.

Naturism is not about inflicting anything on anyone. It is not about exhibitionism. To me it is just about freedom.

I met my wife 5 years ago when she was new to naturism.. We are now enjoying our naturist life together where and whenever we have the opportinity. Of course it is better on the continent where people do not have the British hangups.

British Naturism (BN) (the UK national body) is an exempted organisation with the full set of exemptions para 4, 5, 6 and camping. Like the CC and C&CC. There are other exempted naturist clubs in the UK.

By the way BN also has a Motorcyle Special Interest Group among other SIGs.

Quote:
This is just not what naturism is about. You are thinking about swinging not naturism. "Naturism is a family activity for old and young alike"

John & Joan
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 13-06-2012, 13:47

I remember the first time my wife and I went naked. Very nervous about stripping off in front of a lot of people but the feeling of liberation and freedom once we'd done it was amazing. Mind you - we're banned from that branch of Lidls now
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 13-06-2012, 13:56 Thread Starter

John & Joan - Thank you for that, spent the last half hour browsing the BN website. What a revelation ( no pun intended). Of course I've always known that nudism existed but I always thought of it as an extremist activity by a small group of weird people. I am now suspecting that my inhibited upbringing has made me miss out on something good. Sadly, from the look my daughter has just given me when I asked her if she would ever consider naturism , I'm afraid I have passed those same silly inhibitions on to her.
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 13-06-2012, 14:05

But seriously....we have tried naturism a few times when in France. First time was at a big international site at Montalivet. After the initial embarassment we really enjoyed it. All the cliches about sense of freedom etc are right. However, the sight of our corpulent German neighbours doing yoga first thing in the morning put me off my cornflakes a bit (especially the bit where he touched his toes!) and holding a conversation with an elderly Dutch lady while she showered next to me and shaved (No - not her face!) is also not something I will forget in a hurry.

Then we went to a site near La Palme on the Med. Mainly Dutch, very relaxed and social. Our third site was near Saumur and was full of what I would call "rabid nudists". Mainly English and insistent that one go naked at all times - even on the morning it peed down with rain and turned really cold. I stood in the bread queue in shorts and umbrella and attracted some very hostile looks. The other two sites had only insisted on nudity at the swimming pool. Most people didn't bother with clothes at all on those two sites either but no-one was insisting on it at all times. Needless to say we enjoyed the first two sites and left the third one after the second day.

I think it's a cultural thing. The Germans, French and Dutch are much less concerned about nudity than we are. We found two Dutch visitors naked in the sauna at our site here in Devon and they were understandably puzzled as to why the English would go into a sauna dressed. Mind you, the Americans get the vapours at the sight of an uncovered (though actually covered by a stick on "pastie"*) nipple. Remember Janet Jackson and her "wardrobe malfunction" at the Superbowl a few years back?) so I suppose we are at least not top of the "keep your clothes on" world league.

* Thats "pastie" to rhyme with "hasty" (a small piece of material worn to cover the nipple) and not pastie as made in Cornwall (rarely used to cover anything except a plate)

For a song about pasties (the Cornish sort) see my reverbnation page (below)
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 13-06-2012, 14:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthompson

Quote:
This is just not what naturism is about. You are thinking about swinging not naturism. "Naturism is a family activity for old and young alike"
You do it with your family????? .

At least you met your wife naturistically - did you recognise her with her clothes on???

PS. You missed out my ' ' when quoting me.

PPS. I can asssure you that I am NOT thinking about swinging!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page