Spain- INF membership and booking - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 20-05-2012, 16:37 Thread Starter

Spain- INF membership and booking

Hi
We are sailing to Santander on Sunday with the intention of going to El Portus, El zorro and Templo del sol . In France we just turn up but I see on the websites they ask for INF membership, so can we join on arrival and are we likely to find available space?
Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 20-05-2012, 17:46

I don't think you should have too much difficulty finding space at any of the three naturist sites mentioned.

We haven't ever been asked for INF cards in Spain to my knowledge, however, the website does say they're mandatory at El Templo del Sol - we stayed there about four years ago.

Membership of British Naturism, the official national organisation in the UK, includes INF Membership - the BN card is endorsed with the INF logo and that's it.

www.bn.org.uk

I expect you can buy membership of INF at El Templo, but it won't include membership of BN, which I think would probably be better value. In fact, purchased at the gate, I suspect it may well include membership of the Spanish Naturist Federation - but I don't know that?

http://www.inf-fni.org/

You could just wing it and see how you get on, or join BN pronto - best to speak to them on the phone tomorrow, if you want to go down that route, in order to see if they can get the cards to you in time.

Final thought about El Templo, if you encounter a problem, there is a textile campsite a few hundred yards away, that would enable you to walk to El Torn naturist beach - not the same as staying at El Templo, but another option.

http://www.caladoques.com/en/

Whatever you decide, good luck and have a great trip. Let us know how you get on.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 20-05-2012, 18:02 Thread Starter

Thanks Mike you have just rebuilt my confidence to wing it as usual.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 31-10-2012, 14:39

My Motorhome: s
Hospitalet Del Infante

Hiya, we stayed at Ele Templo Del Sol and were not asked for anything other than Passports - even if they did - just 200 Yards downhill around the bend or just 50 Yards if using La Torn Beach is Cala d'Oques Camping Pension and they just want your Money!

Fingz
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 27-02-2013, 11:43

Morning all,

We have never been a member of either bn or inf and never been refusedentrance anywhere In the old days about 30 years ago they used to charge for temporary membership at Euronat but thats gone by the board now as naturism has become more widesread and mainstream.

norm
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 27-02-2013, 12:22

Personal Aire
I am beginning to lose faith in the value of the INF card. We tend to only use Spanish and Portuguese naturist sites. Other than Zorro and the one in Portugal, they no longer seem interested in the card and have not offered a discount for some years I think.
The addition of the inland Portuguese site has been a bonus for the last couple of years.
El Zorro is lovely if you manage to find it; TomTom knows where it is!
Last year we were in El Portus at this time; it had been fairly full just after Christmas but February on it emptied out considerably. Definately better weather the further you go south.
Enjoy all

Alan
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 27-02-2013, 18:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalan
I am beginning to lose faith in the value of the INF card. We tend to only use Spanish and Portuguese naturist sites. Other than Zorro and the one in Portugal, they no longer seem interested in the card and have not offered a discount for some years I think.
The addition of the inland Portuguese site has been a bonus for the last couple of years.
El Zorro is lovely if you manage to find it; TomTom knows where it is!
Last year we were in El Portus at this time; it had been fairly full just after Christmas but February on it emptied out considerably. Definately better weather the further you go south.
Enjoy all

Alan
Tend to agree with you concerning Spain Alan - I don't recall ever being asked for an INF card. Not a great deal of experience of naturist sites in Portugal, but imagine it's much the same there.

Having said that, we find it comes in handy at naturist places in rural France, which we visit quite a lot. Expect we could 'wing it' without, but we always get a very warm friendly welcome whenever we turn up unannounced - which is all the time - provided we show our BN/INF membership.

Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page