Any good sites or beaches on route ... - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 08:39 Thread Starter

Any good sites or beaches on route ...

We're off to France within the next week and heading west for Germany but taking our time. Does anyone know of any good naturist sites or beaches on route? Also is there a good German Naturist Sites book or map? Thanks.

Keith.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 09:30

Morning Keith

We're off to France within the next week and heading west for Germany but taking our time.

UnQuote

Have fun - that will be quite a trip and wise not to hurry it!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 09:59

My Motorhome: Hymer Van 522
Perhaps he is a member of the Flat Earth Society!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 10:21

Personal Aire
Re Naturism by the North Sea.
There are several beaches in the North of France, Netherlands and Northern Germany but you did not mention if you wanted Germany or en-route for a stop over.
Looking at the INF Handbook I could make some suggestions but I have never stopped in this area, mostly because I do not fancy a frost-bitten nose, or any other bits come to that.
The North Sea is good for cooling beer, floating boats on and catching fish from but sitting naked and looking at it; I'll leave that to you!
Alan
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 10:31 Thread Starter

Take II, awake and post coffee.

The dangers of adding notes to MHF when you haven't woken up or had your coffee.

Can we start again? OK. So heading EAST for Germany then and looking for somewhere, anywhere on route, We never plan a route as such so we are flexible. Where can I get the INF Book and do I have to be a member to get it?

Thanks

Keith

Never eat shredded wheat, never eat shredded wheat, never eat shredded wheat
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 10:58

Personal Aire
I do not know where in the UK that you can buy the INF Handbook, you could try the internet on http://www.librarything.com/work/8037425; it is available at many bookstalls in Germany and the Netherlands I am told.
In the Netherlands I believe they are fairly tollerant about naturism generally.
Around Europe there are hundreds of camps and beaches, too many to mention and if you are interested in any naturist holidays or visits on an ad hoc basis, you really need an INF card (International Naturist Federation) which will get you in anywhere. Having said that and being a fair weather naturist, I tend to go to larger sites in Spain where the card is not essential but can get you a discount.
Just thinking about your next adventure gives me cold goosebumps.... BRrrrr!
Alan
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 11:05 Thread Starter

Thanks Alan

It's too late for the net now so I'll look for one in Germany.

Keith.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 24-06-2011, 11:43 Thread Starter

Did Germany and the weather was good enough for naturism but we were travelling with friends so couldn't and didn't get the INF book either.

Now in north east France in Eguisheim and heading south for Provence, I thought it would be good if anyone in the know (Mike) knew of any beaches (like on a lake) on the way down, there 's plenty of sites but I'd like to do it on the cheap.

Cheers

Keith.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 25-06-2011, 15:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc10
Did Germany and the weather was good enough for naturism but we were travelling with friends so couldn't and didn't get the INF book either.

Now in north east France in Eguisheim and heading south for Provence, I thought it would be good if anyone in the know (Mike) knew of any beaches (like on a lake) on the way down, there 's plenty of sites but I'd like to do it on the cheap.

Cheers

Keith.
Hi Keith

Afraid I don't have too much info on inland naturist beaches in France - most I know are on the coast - Atlantic or Med.

There are a few listed at the back of the France Naturisme guide you've referred to previously: https://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopti...links-etc.html Well, there are in my copy.

One suggestion is the River Ceze at the naturist campsite 'La Genese', Mejannes-le-Clap, F-30430 near Barjac. If you've got an ACSI guidebook it's only Ä13 euro a night with hook-up, until 9 July.

Mike
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 25-06-2011, 15:50

Can't recomend any personnally but this might be useful:

http://www.naturistholiday.info/Germany/Default.aspx

The German Tourist Board has brochures as well - they are always worth trying for any aspect of holidays in Germany as they provide excellent downloadable maps and brochures for almost anything.

G

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page