Naturist sites - France - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 17:14 Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 17:15

Re: Naturist sites - France

Can't see you without your clothes on!!
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 17:18 Thread Starter

Creuse Nature, Boussac

Creuse Nature, Route de Betete, 23600, Boussac
Web: www.creuse-nature.com

Visited this site twice and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. The site is an average size with 100 pitches which suits us and set in woodlands and you can get a good walk around the outskirts for half an hour or so. There is a small lake that you can fish in but you wouldn't want to take a dip in it.

The friendly owners are Dutch but speak several languages including English thankfully. You would be forgiven for thinking you're in Holland as most of the visitors were Dutch but this is mainly due to a high level of promotion in Holland. Overall the staff are friendly and very helpful.

The pitches are a good size with no boundaries which we like. You will need a 25m EHU cable as all the points seems like a stretch. There are only a few designated hard standing pitches for motorhomes but we had few problems on the grass.

The site has three blocks of facilities the large one in centre is the most popular but there are two smaller ones on the outskirts for those further away. The facilities are all very clean.

There's two pools a heated indoor and an outdoor pool as well as a sauna

The bar and restaurant is good and reasonably priced and give you credit if you've not got your wallet. The amount of Dutch visitors influences the menu though so it may not be to all tastes. A beer is €2.50.

Disabled Facilities are reasonably good with most facilities being on the flat with only a low step to get in initially.

I'm always concerned about damaging my van as some sites don't give a lot of room or have low overhanging trees but this site scores well and there is little to pose any threat to a Motorhome.

You can get fresh 'pain' everyday as there is a boulanger van that comes around every morning. There's a very small shop but it has very restricted opening times.

I have very few gripes, we couldn't find the water tap when we first arrived as it's not well posted. I enjoy barefoot naturism but the opportunity to do so here is limited as the gravely road is sore underfoot and runs right around the site.

My wife and I hadn't tried Naturism before so this was our first time and Creuse Nature holds some great memories for us. My wife still isn't mad on Naturism but the site is so relaxed no one cared that most of the time she had clothes on and she loved the site. If it's something you are considering then Creuse Nature is a great starting point and as it's in the ACSI book you can pitch for €15 a night (off peak) so it needn't cost a lot to give it a try.

Thanks to the friendly and helpful staff, the peaceful surroundings and a relaxed attitude Creuse Nature is a great site for all.

No suitable pictures to upload, sorry.

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 17:23 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by asprn
Can't see you without your clothes on!!
How did you manage that? I thought I was being quick and you got the first note in. FS.
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 17:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc10
How did you manage that? I thought I was being quick and you got the first note in
Been waiting for your post for a month now.

Dougie.
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 17:30 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by asprn
Quote:
How did you manage that? I thought I was being quick and you got the first note in
Been waiting for your post for a month now.

Dougie.
Aye right.
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 18:10

Lovely site, went there last year in August when it was a very busy but the very kind owners found a nice pitch for us. Mostly Dutch people on site and very friendly. Great atmosphere and culture.
Tour du Limousin cycle race with the Sky race team passed by the gates second day we were there.
Very good swimming pool and lounge area.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 21:55

Re: Creuse Nature, Boussac

Quote:

Visited this site twice and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. The site is an average size with 100 pitches which suits us and set in woodlands and you can get a good walk around the outskirts for half an hour or so. There is a small lake that you can fish in but you wouldn't want to take a dip in it.

The friendly owners are Dutch but speak several languages including English thankfully. You would be forgiven for thinking you're in Holland as most of the visitors were Dutch but this is mainly due to a high level of promotion in Holland. Overall the staff are friendly and very helpful.

The pitches are a good size with no boundaries which we like. You will need a 25m EHU cable as all the points seems like a stretch. There are only a few designated hard standing pitches for motorhomes but we had few problems on the grass.

The site has three blocks of facilities the large one in centre is the most popular but there are two smaller ones on the outskirts for those further away. The facilities are all very clean.

The bar and restaurant is good and reasonably priced and give you credit if you've not got your wallet. The amount of Dutch visitors influences the menu though so it may not be to all tastes. A beer is €2.50.

Disabled Facilities are reasonably good with most facilities being on the flat with only a low step to get in initially.

I'm always concerned about damaging my van as some sites don't give a lot of room or have low overhanging trees but this site scores well and there is little to pose any threat to a Motorhome.

You can get fresh 'pain' everyday as there is a boulanger van that comes around every morning. There's a very small shop but it has very restricted opening times.

I have very few gripes, we couldn't find the water tap when we first arrived as it's not well posted. I enjoy barefoot naturism but the opportunity to do so here is limited as the gravely road is sore underfoot and runs right around the site.

My wife and I hadn't tried Naturism before so this was our first time and Creuse Nature holds some great memories for us. My wife still isn't mad on Naturism but the site is so relaxed no one cared that most of the time she had clothes on and she loved the site. If it's something you are considering then Creuse Nature is a great starting point and as it's in the ACSI book you can pitch for €15 a night (off peak) so it needn't cost a lot to give it a try.

Thanks to the friendly and helpful staff, the peaceful surroundings and a relaxed attitude Creuse Nature is a great site for all.

Thanks for the review Keith - we haven't been to Creuse Nature, but it sounds as though we should give it a try later this year.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 23:35

My Motorhome: Hymer Van 522
This is how you make the writing invisible!!!

Figured it out yet?!!!
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 02:39 Thread Starter

Re: Creuse Nature, Boussac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebeaches
Quote:

Thanks for the review Keith - we haven't been to Creuse Nature, but it sounds as though we should give it a try later this year.
Your experience is much greater than mine Mike but if you have any particular questions then fire away and I'll do my best to answer them. The official website will probably answer more though. if you go I hope you enjoy it.

Keith

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page