Naturist sites - France - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 12:55 Thread Starter

Du Moulin de Faget, 32450, Faget Abbitial

Du Moulin de Faget, 32450, Faget Abbitial
Web: www.moulin-faget.com

Despite one of the worst names for a naturist site this is a spectacular place.

The information in my France Naturisme guide is that there is just 21 pitches so the presumption is that it's very small. When we finally found this place (it's not well posted) the long dirt track road posed big problem as it's a mass of potholes and we were concerned about 'bottoming the van so the potential for damage is very high. We made it OK and then the place opens up. It's huge and has a beautiful old Farmhouse close to reception. It's set in the countryside and you don't realise how big it is until you walk around it. That'll take you about three hours. It really is beautiful.

The pitches are small for caravans and Motorhomes and are all grouped together in a fairly small area. We were closer to our German neighbours than they and we were happy with but there's not much you can do about it.

The facilities are close by, are well kept and clean. I wouldn't like to deal with the steep steps if I was a wheelchair user though as I had problems with them on foot.

There's no pool to dunk into which I didn't think I'd miss but I did as the temperatures were soaring when we were there in late July. The main thing to do is go for long walks. The opportunity for barefoot walking is excellent here. The small lake is suitable for fishing but not for swimming.

It's Ä25 a night and I refused to pay extra to use a roll-out awning as I think when you pay for a pitch you should be able to put whatever you like on it. I don't have a roll-out awning but I like to protest when I come across this.

A beautiful location and a good site but it's let down by being a bit too pricey for my liking. The dirt track road in it's biggest problem though. I'm glad I went but not sure I'd go back.

Keith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 23-05-2011, 20:28

Moulin-faget is closed
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 24-06-2011, 11:11 Thread Starter

Do you know why?

post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 24-06-2011, 15:07

Haven,t a clue I just looked at website and thats what it said. Presently at Couderc having been to La Grande Cosse, La Leze and D'oliverie
Jim
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 24-06-2011, 18:06

Location: Morley Leeds, When in this lousy country, sat in my electric leather reclining chair.
Camping Cheque book ( Alan Rogers) book has a good selection, we have been to all the french ones, all good , We like the site just south of Paris as it is ideal stopover site on the way to Spain. Its open all year I think. The pool is heated, very popular site love it. Good restaurant on site. Free WiFi also!!

also look at www.france4naturisme.com
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 24-06-2011, 18:47

so, like, what happens at a naturist site?

does it just mean that if it's sunny you can sunbathe with no clothes on if you want to?

or are people sitting in the bar or restaurant or walking around or having dinner with no clothes on?

what if you wear clothes and just look at people? do you get kicked out?

but what if it's cold and you want to put your jumper and waterproofs on?

and is everyone in couples, or do people get excited and try to pull?
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 24-06-2011, 19:08

Location: Morley Leeds, When in this lousy country, sat in my electric leather reclining chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherChloe
so, like, what happens at a naturist site?

does it just mean that if it's sunny you can sunbathe with no clothes on if you want to?

or are people sitting in the bar or restaurant or walking around or having dinner with no clothes on?

what if you wear clothes and just look at people? do you get kicked out?

but what if it's cold and you want to put your jumper and waterproofs on?

and is everyone in couples, or do people get excited and try to pull?
I think you just need to stay at a naturisme site and take it as it comes as It is so chilled out.
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 24-06-2011, 20:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy2
I think you just need to stay at a naturisme site and take it as it comes as It is so chilled out.
Hm, as a solo traveller, I think I might find that just a bit intimidating..... not sure I'd feel that safe and secure sitting there by myself with nothing on and wondering how to take it when people stop as they walk by the van and talk about the weather (as people usually do on sites)
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 24-06-2011, 21:14

Quote:
Quote:
Hm, as a solo traveller, I think I might find that just a bit intimidating..... not sure I'd feel that safe and secure sitting there by myself with nothing on and wondering how to take it when people stop as they walk by the van and talk about the weather (as people usually do on sites)
There's only one way to find out.......

You could also ask Chloe, she probably has it happen all the time.
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 24-06-2011, 21:40

Quote:
Quote:
Naturist campsites in France are like any other campsite in the country, with one exception - wearing clothes is optional.

Some will dress in the evening, but if it's very warm others will choose not to - it's usually entirely up to the individual. You might find some ladies like to wear just a sarong / pareo for example.

My wife says she always feels entirely safe at naturist campsites - almost more than anywhere else. She's perfectly happy to be on her own.

Everybody is courteous and as has been said, very relaxed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page