UK Naturist Sites - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 18:19

Personal Aire
I am delighted to hear of Camp sites that also have naturist facilities. I was not aware of any in this country until now. Although we are very much fair weather sailors, I am sure that we will have a look at some when it warms up a lot.
Alan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 18:52

St. Annes Cottage
Horton Road
Three Legged Cross
Nr Wimbourne
Dorset
BH21 6SD
Tel: 01202 825529
GPS: N:50° 51’ 9.31" - W:1° 53’ 38.41"
Holiday Centre - Naturist Caravan Site

A very good dedicated naturist camping and Caravan site. Well worth a visit. Also Rivendell Club is just along the road but no accomodation.
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 18:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebeaches
If you fancy being right by the sea you could try Lakeland Outdoor Club (google for details), which is at Haverigg in Cumbria. It's completely wild, with absolutely no facilities whatsoever!

It's adjacent to the beach - just take the path through the dunes. The sea shore is not officially naturist, but it's so remote nobody bothers.
We are regular visitors (members) to Lakeland Club with our Hymer S700 and Trailer. You need transport to get water from the farm if you stay a while as it is 2km away. It is one of our regular spots. Day visits £5 per adult http://www.loc.ic24.net/

post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 19:00

Just watching a shifty looking geezer in the library searching intently through the 'S' section of the dictionary, he's stopped now.

I think he's up to something. . .. . . ray......
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 19:16

Hi Ray,
I sugest that this is put up for the MHF calender girls

DAve p

post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 23:15 Thread Starter

North Cornwall

Co-ordinates: 50.350667,-5.101427 - - http://www.newperran.co.uk/

Newperran Holiday Park near Perranporth, on the north Cornish coast, has been hosting British Naturism's annual summer gathering - Nudefest - each June since 2007. Although the event only lasts three days, the park is given over completely to the hundreds of naturists that attend. There is also a week either side when part of the site (a couple of fields) is available for nude camping, so folk travelling long distances can make a holiday of it.

The five-star site has excellent facilities and the owners, Christine and Keith, are particularly enthusiastic about the naturists - here's what they said in their 2010 newsletter, which is on the website:

"The British Naturism society are coming back for their 4th year to hold their event in the June period, we are all looking forward to seeing them again. They are lovely people with such a great outlook on life, if anyone, not a naturist would want more information, just give me a ring...."

UPDATE for 2011 - extended from long weekend to full week

Nudefest 2011 will be from Sunday 12 June to Sunday 19 June but, as indicated, naturist camping will be available for a week either side of those dates ie from 3-12 June and 19-26 June. The main event and/or the extended au natural camping periods are open to non-members, as well as members of British Naturism.

We were fortunate to have fine sunny weather this year, so skinny-dipping and sunbathing by the new pool felt more like being on the Med.

The nudist beach at Penhale Sands (co-ordinates: 50.374755,-5.146424) is nearby, and can be reached by walking a couple of miles along the shore from Perranporth, or from behind using a path down through the sand dunes http://nuff.org.uk/factfile/content/view/42/48/ (note there was an unfortunate spat with the MOD in 2006, when the beach was closed to naturists for a while, but it's subsequently been sorted and is open once more).

In case it is of interest - details of Nudefest 2010:
http://www.british-naturism.org.uk/p...sp?page_ID=507

Details for 2011: http://www.british-naturism.org.uk/p...sp?page_ID=515
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-ordinates: 50.422155,-4.93435 - - http://www.southleigh.plus.com/

Up the coast, just north of Newquay, Southleigh Manor Holiday Naturist Club is also open to non-members. It has 50 pitches with plenty of electric hook-ups, a swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi, bar and a bistro. Note, there's a 50% surcharge for a one-night stay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 14:12 Thread Starter

Dorset - - co-ordinates: 50.623629,-1.989128

Knitson Farm naturist field near Swanage is handy for the bare beach at Studland. The hill in the background of the picture is Nine Barrow Down, which has excellent views across Dorset from the top. Also, from parts of the site there are distant views of the sea.

As mentioned on the beach thread, the access is tight (narrow lanes with limited passing places) so needs to be approached with care, and from the south-east side - NOT on the road past Knitson Farm itself. Also, unsuitable for RVs.

Jane, the farmer's wife, calls round to collect the camping fees - £10 a night in 2010. The field isn't very big and gets busy in mid-summer - max 20-25 units. The site slopes so good levelers are required. Fresh water, rubbish and black waste disposal only. Mobile grocer who also sells bread and papers calls round in the mornings during peak summer.

The farm has a bigger field along the lane for campers who prefer to keep their clothes on.

http://www.knitsonfarm.co.uk/

Suggest PM me if more info about the precise location of the naturist camping and access is required.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phpmbynlbam_649.jpg (105.5 KB, 6 views)
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 20:37

TVM

Mike

Thanks for all the notes. I would definitely consider a few of those and might visit one next time I'm down south. I can't add anything to those as I have only been to one in the far north of Scotland and it's not really a site as such. You won't get your motorhome in it for a start so it's not worth listing. It's just a nice beach with a campsite with limited access and no facilities to speak of.

I've been to a few in France which I will review but I wasn't sure if there was going to be some way to add them as we would any other site review on MHF. Not sure but I suppose we can paste them over if we get something to differentiate between naturist and non-naturist sites.

Cheers

Keith.
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 10:34 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthompson
St. Annes Cottage
Horton Road
Three Legged Cross
Nr Wimbourne
Dorset
BH21 6SD
Tel: 01202 825529
GPS: N:50° 51’ 9.31" - W:1° 53’ 38.41"
Holiday Centre - Naturist Caravan Site

A very good dedicated naturist camping and Caravan site. Well worth a visit. Also Rivendell Club is just along the road but no accomodation.
I get slightly different co-ordinates to John's for 'St Annes Cottage' naturist camping (I think his take you to a non-naturist site just along the road) - - 50.853959,-1.898942

St Annes is near Ringwood, north of Bournemouth and close to the New Forest. It provides reasonable access to Studland naturist beach (45 mins). And as John mentioned, Rivendell naturist club is only a few hundred yards away. We stayed at St Annes in July and although a good site, it is slightly more enclosed by trees than we like. No membership is required and I think we paid £10 per night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phpxxpmsfam_173.jpg (128.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg phpdbqfj4am_225.jpg (74.9 KB, 8 views)
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 10:36 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebeaches
North Cornwall

Co-ordinates: 50.350667,-5.101427 - - http://www.newperran.co.uk/

Newperran Holiday Park near Perranporth, on the north Cornish coast, has been hosting British Naturism's annual summer gathering - Nudefest - each June since 2007. Although the event only lasts three days, the park is given over completely to the hundreds of naturists that attend. There is also a week either side when part of the site (a couple of fields) is available for nude camping, so folk travelling long distances can make a holiday of it.

The five-star site has excellent facilities and the owners, Christine and Keith, are particularly enthusiastic about the naturists - here's what they said in their 2010 newsletter, which is on the website:

"The British Naturism society are coming back for their 4th year to hold their event in the June period, we are all looking forward to seeing them again. They are lovely people with such a great outlook on life, if anyone, not a naturist would want more information, just give me a ring...."

UPDATE for 2011 - extended from long weekend to full week

Nudefest 2011 will be from Sunday 12 June to Sunday 19 June but, as indicated, naturist camping will be available for a week either side of those dates ie from 3-12 June and 19-26 June. The main event and/or the extended au natural camping periods are open to non-members, as well as members of British Naturism.

We were fortunate to have fine sunny weather this year, so skinny-dipping and sunbathing by the new pool felt more like being on the Med.

The nudist beach at Penhale Sands (co-ordinates: 50.374755,-5.146424) is nearby, and can be reached by walking a couple of miles along the shore from Perranporth, or from behind using a path down through the sand dunes http://nuff.org.uk/factfile/content/view/42/48/ (note there was an unfortunate spat with the MOD in 2006, when the beach was closed to naturists for a while, but it's subsequently been sorted and is open once more).

In case it is of interest - details of Nudefest 2010:
http://www.british-naturism.org.uk/p...sp?page_ID=507

Details for 2011: http://www.british-naturism.org.uk/p...sp?page_ID=515
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-ordinates: 50.422155,-4.93435 - - http://www.southleigh.plus.com/

Up the coast, just north of Newquay, Southleigh Manor Holiday Naturist Club is also open to non-members. It has 50 pitches with plenty of electric hook-ups, a swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi, bar and a bistro. Note, there's a 50% surcharge for a one-night stay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I've updated the details for Nudefest 2011 because it's just been confirmed that instead of a long weekend, the event is being extended to a week. And naturist camping will now be available at Newperran Holiday Park ( http://www.newperran.co.uk/ ) for up to three weeks from Friday 3 June until Sunday 26 June, 2011. All information now in the original post.

I have also added co-ordinates to all the locations I've listed in the 'UK Naturist Sites' thread.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page