Naturist Beaches - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 95 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 15:08

Personal Aire
This would be a pleasure to decipher.
In olden times on board man o' war sailing ships, cannon balls were stacked in pyramids. To prevent them rolling away a brass plate with holes was stacked with the balls. This was known as a monkey. With the differing co-efficient s of shrinking due to climatic variations, the brass was more prone to shrinkage than the cast iron balls. When this took place, the balls were likely to fall off the monkey.
Part 2
The region of South Wales around the Gower looks magnificent but in relation to the first paragraph, the sea which looks great, as does a Tiger, bites. Leaving me in some fear of the earlier issues encountered by our jolly jack tar.
I am sorry that I made an unnecessary connection to Cardiff (where I spent my honeymoon) if it caused offence.
Alan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 95 (permalink) Old 16-11-2010, 17:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebeaches
In the Snowdonia National Park, Morfa Dyffryn is another top British naturist beach, located between Barmouth and Harlech, on the North Wales coast. There is good access for m/homes (not RVs), but it does require a stroll of something over half a mile north up the shore to get to the officially bare area. Nearest parking is at Dyffryn Seaside Estate (fee - about two quid).

Benar Beach Camping at Morfa Dyffryn has a small enclosed naturist area, but we prefer the open views from nearby Pentre Mawr Farm site - a large informal field with water and portaloos only (used to be known as 'Glyn's Field'). It is a large area and on part of the site the owner is not averse to very discreet nude sunbathing by your unit - when you arrive just ask other people there where the naturists are pitched. From the campsite the nudist beach is about a mile to walk, passing through Dyffryn Seaside Estate, which is mainly for statics, but also has touring pitches and a shop.
Co-ordinates: 52.793462,-4.135854

I found some pics taken at Morfa Dyffryn beach and Pentre Mawr camping field in late July 2008, just to give an impression of what it's like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phpnwl9lkam_411.jpg (65.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg phph1xyxram_146.jpg (84.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg phpsudiilam_840.jpg (76.8 KB, 1 views)
post #23 of 95 (permalink) Old 16-11-2010, 17:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebeaches
In the Snowdonia National Park, Morfa Dyffryn is another top British naturist beach, located between Barmouth and Harlech, on the North Wales coast. There is good access for m/homes (not RVs), but it does require a stroll of something over half a mile north up the shore to get to the officially bare area. Nearest parking is at Dyffryn Seaside Estate (fee - about two quid).

Benar Beach Camping at Morfa Dyffryn has a small enclosed naturist area, but we prefer the open views from nearby Pentre Mawr Farm site - a large informal field with water and portaloos only (used to be known as 'Glyn's Field'). It is a large area and on part of the site the owner is not averse to very discreet nude sunbathing by your unit - when you arrive just ask other people there where the naturists are pitched. From the campsite the nudist beach is about a mile to walk, passing through Dyffryn Seaside Estate, which is mainly for statics, but also has touring pitches and a shop.
Co-ordinates: 52.784217,-4.115759

I found some pics taken at Morfa Dyffryn beach and Pentre Mawr camping field in late July 2008, just to give an impression of what it's like. We were tenting at the time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phpowi2pjam_115.jpg (96.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg phpfjhrb7am_750.jpg (84.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg phpf0ecg6am_647.jpg (89.8 KB, 2 views)

post #24 of 95 (permalink) Old 17-11-2010, 20:18

Costa Dorada, Spain - - co-ordinates: 40.975986,0.89884

Playa El Torn and Naturist Camping El Templo del Sol

25 miles down the coast from Tarragona, Playa El Torn is one of Spain's finest naturist beaches. Located on the southern outskirts of L'Hospitalet de L'Infant and backed by pine trees, the unspoilt sandy shore stretches for over a mile. At one end of the beach, naturist camping El Templo del Sol is a modern and well equipped site. There's a particularly impressive infinity pool overlooking the sea.

The main coastal inter-city railway runs at the back of the site, but doesn't really cause too much disturbance.

Interestingly, the site offers indoor caravan and motorhome storage for a reasonable 275 Euro inc tax for a year - details on the website.

To get to the beach and campsite leave the A7 motorway at Exit 38 for L'Hospitalet. From town head south along the minor coast road for one and a half miles. There's a well constructed flight of steps to negotiate to get down to the beach.

http://www.eltemplodelsol.com/

For anybody wanting to visit the nudist beach but not ready for a fully naturist camping experience, there's a clothed site a couple of hundred yards away, in the direction of the town - Cala d'Oques.

http://www.caladoques.com/en/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phpw22h8kam_800.jpg (98.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg php8hduzzam_732.jpg (107.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg phpcsemj9am_186.jpg (133.6 KB, 1 views)
post #25 of 95 (permalink) Old 17-11-2010, 20:20

Costa Dorada, Spain - - co-ordinates: 40.975986,0.89884

Playa El Torn and Naturist Camping El Templo del Sol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phpoicfckam_118.jpg (104.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg phpdck2v8am_105.jpg (121.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg phpikrs8lam_992.jpg (176.5 KB, 1 views)
post #26 of 95 (permalink) Old 17-11-2010, 20:52

My Motorhome: Hymer Van 522
Now look folks, it's dark, grey, rainy, windy and perishing cold in Uk at the moment.

We are wandering around with as many layers on as possible just to keep warm.

And you are posting pictures of LUSH SANDY BEACHES BY WARM BLUE SEAS with PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT WEARING ANYTHING AT ALL.

Give us a break!
post #27 of 95 (permalink) Old 18-11-2010, 07:30

Costa de Almeria, Spain - - co-ordinates: 36.715678,-2.635493

Playa Cerrillos, Roquetas de Mar

In January 2008 we stayed in Roquetas and were interested to find a couple of dozen motorhomes wild camping on a car park next to the beach. They were on the southern outskirts of town and although the shoreline adjacent to the vans was textile, a stroll a few hundred yards further along Playa Cerrillos and it becomes more remote and clothes optional. The town soon gives way to a natural park.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phpr9revppm_612.jpg (119.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg phptkaqe2pm_881.jpg (116.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg phprfhzxhpm_370.jpg (117.6 KB, 1 views)
post #28 of 95 (permalink) Old 18-11-2010, 07:32

Costa de Almeria, Spain - - co-ordinates: 36.715678,-2.635493

Playa Cerrillos, Roquetas de Mar - wild camping near the clothes-optional beach
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phpkcs7a8pm_167.jpg (124.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg php1wl6o5pm_389.jpg (131.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg phpciabwjpm_102.jpg (139.1 KB, 1 views)
post #29 of 95 (permalink) Old 18-11-2010, 10:01

Personal Aire
For those who have not yet had the good fortune to visit El Portus, where the water is warm enough to swim. They have all year round pool swimming facilities and apart from the local hills being just too steep for my wife and I to pedal up, it has fulfilled most of our holiday requirements. Only the prices keep going up for camping in Spain generally and this summer we noticed a few spaces beginning to crop up, even on peak weekends because Spain is having a hard time economically.
I know it is winter but I need some incentive to look forward to next summer, so I have a look at pictures like this.
Alan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg el_portus_2010_004_reduced_229.jpg (228.6 KB, 1 views)
post #30 of 95 (permalink) Old 18-11-2010, 10:44

Morning all,

Almanate on the costa del sol is usually a bit cheaper in winter rosallen.

norm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page