What made you decide to do it..... - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 08:42 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: 1987 Hymer 550s
What made you decide to do it.....

Delighted to see a new section for naturists. I've often been tempted to start a thread but not sure how it would be greeted. Now that there is a dedicated section there seems to excuse not to.

So, just wondering what led you to decide to dip your toe into the world of naturism? We British seem to have quite a different attitude to being naked outdoors and in company and I thought it would be interesting to hear what brought you to your decision.

For us, it was a wild camping stop at a lagoon near Leucate, on the Mediterranean coast of France, about 30km south of Narbonne.

It was a wonderfully calm evening and we were sitting out watching the sun set over the lagoon when Bill announced he had an overwhelming desire to 'get his kit off'. I was surprised to say the least. We've both got a fairly liberal approach to nudity but the most daring either of us had ever gone was stripping off in the back yard on a summer's day. He said he just really really fancied walking around with the warm wind on his body. I think I said something along the lines of, "Yes, dear, that sounds nice".

Well, you could have knocked me over with a (large) feather, when next thing, he comes out of the van as naked as the day he was born and starts walking around.

It was a very very weird feeling if I'm honest watching my husband walking up and down in front of me, outside, exclaiming, "this is great, come on, try it!".

I didn't try it but it did get me thinking. That incident, and the fact that he didn't stop going on and on (and bloody on) about it for the next week or so eventually got me thinking that maybe there was something in it after all. He seemed to so happy with it, elated even and said it was one of the most wonderful experiences of his life. I guess I just thought, I'm going to get me some of that....

And so, in secret, I planned for us to go to our first ever naturist campsite.....

So - what made you decide to take the plunge?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 23:55

I think it's a simple as I'm more comfortable being nude. When I leave naturists sites I envy the owners, they can decided any day of the week whether or not they have to get dressed. I'm jealous.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 01:14

Chance

If I ever get my scanner to work, I will scan a photograph I took some years ago on a Nudist beach in France.

It involves a German Family, their German Shepard and some more nudists at a hotdog stall.

Watch this Space........

TM

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 11:23

My Motorhome: Hymer Van 522
I am eagerly "watching this space" and nothing has happened.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 11:29

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,017 Times in 882 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippin
I am eagerly "watching this space" and nothing has happened.
Yeah me to. Build us up and then nothing. Come on T Yob put is out of our misery. It'll better be good as well after this build up.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 11:47

photo

Will have to find the Photo and get scanner operative.

TM
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 11:52

My Motorhome: Hymer Van 522
How do you find a scanner operative?
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 15:32

Am liking what I am reading. In Ireland naturism is quite an unlikely pastime as we usually need extra wool blankets at the beach, goose pimples, frostbite and and deathly blue pallor are not great attributes on the naked body.

Maybe next year in France we will consider it. Sounds like a lot of fun!

I have to admit that I had an experience in France that was strange for me. While walking along the beach in Oleron, we passed a guy lying on his tummy, naked. He was a very large guy with a bum the shape of a big washing up bowl, the only way I could describe. He sat up and I caught his eye for a minute as we walked by.

A couple of hours later as we were walking past a cafe, he was sitting there with some friends. I couldn't get the picture of his bum out of my mind, and felt so weird, don't know why! Not a prude at all.

Glad that there is a section here about naturism, bet the continentals would think it was funny though.

Ca
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 16:26

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,017 Times in 882 Posts
Personal Aire
Ok, lets have it then. Nobody has asked the question that all us blokes are wondering so I will.

What happens if you get aroused?

And dont say it simply doesnt happen as it must. My first experience of a nudist beach was near Bridlington when I was 16 and at that age it happens if the wind blows in the right direction. We were on a cricket tour and I seem to think when we left there were a lot of holes in the sand that werent there earlier.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 16:47

Very good question
In all honesty some peoples dress sense is so bad that it's a good leveller I imagine. The downside is that most people definately look better dressed. I'll keep mine on :P

Andy
My Aire galleries HERE
Use of the tab will get you more answers

Excusez-moi si mon message est perdu dans la traduction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page