Kit off - the first time - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 09:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrecrok
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc10
Ray

At a time when the UK economy needs every tourist it can get attitudes like yours are driving naturust tourists with their money abroad. .

regards

Keith

Good.
Only to be expected from someone whose idea of fun is to dress head to toe in tight black rubber then put a mask on and go somewhere as murky, dark and dank as possible, breathing an artificial atmosphere.

Now I don't do either pastime - but diving must be the total diametric opposite of naturism, so perhaps it is obvious why Ray can't see the attraction - he'd feel so exposed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 09:51

My Motorhome: Hymer Van 522
I really think that the answer to those who laugh and scoff or are worried about nudism is simply to try it.

Only then will you know if it is for you.

It is impossible to describe in words what the experience is like.

So, experience it and then feel free to laugh and scoff if you haven't changed your mind.

I worked in a swimming pool and believe you me costumes don't do a very good job of disguising body shape.

Our "bits" are only a very small part of us and we all have them!
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 10:00

Personal Aire
I do not really understand anyone who thinks a naked body is something to laugh at. Does he/she laugh at themselves in a mirror?
Very odd!

Thinking further about this, it is very rude to laugh at someone else's body. We cannot greatly change the way we are made so it is cruel.
On the other hand, is it that the naked people do not conform to his/her views? Which is a bit like schoolchildren bullying the fat, thin, tall or pimply child to force them to fit in. As adults, don't we grow out of such childish ways?

What are people afraid of?

Perhaps we should laugh at those who have small / old / odd coloured / unfashionable motorhomes that we do not approve of.

Come on, enjoy life and all of its diversities and accept everything until you have tried them or they are dangerous.
Alan

post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 10:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavs
Hi Chigman,

Your question caused me to think carefully, and I came up with a list of words that I was about to post. Things like freedom, relaxation, de-stressing, being at one with nature, being at peace with yourself, respect, etc.

I then realised that if you'd asked me "what is it about motorhoming?" I'd have given a nearly identical response!

I just prefer to do without clothes whenever practicable. :P
I think as Cavs says, there are a lot of similarities between naturism and motorhoming, and hence it's good that we've got a new section on mh/facts where those that are interested can share experiences and locations.

I'm the first to admit that it is not easy to describe exactly what it is about removing those last threads of clothing when it's warm that's so special. No doubt it's different reasons for different people. But, when it's really HOT, few could disagree that it's more comfortable to be in the buff.
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 10:12

I think some folks need to think why they are posting here! It may just be me but I always look for the positive in everyone and everything. If you enjoy something that does no harm to others I respect your right to do it, even if it does involve black rubber and possibly frightening the fish with the sight of you wearing it
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 10:23

Quote cavs
Your question caused me to think carefully, and I came up with a list of words that I was about to post. Things like freedom, relaxation, de-stressing, being at one with nature, being at peace with yourself, respect, etc.

Gosh I can do all of that with me kit on.

Dave p

post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 11:56

My Motorhome: 1987 Hymer 550s
It seems as though many have questions they would like to ask about this subject - and rightly so. I'm sure many followers of naturism would be pleased to try and answer them.

As this thread is about the first time you 'took the plunge', it might be an idea for anyone who has questions to start a new thread?
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 12:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieP
As this thread is about the first time you 'took the plunge', it might be an idea for anyone who has questions to start a new thread?
Good suggestion Jackie.

Dave
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 13-08-2011, 16:33

My husband and I took 'the plunge' for the second time during our holiday this year. Many years ago we used to camp at Cap D'Agde with our two daughters. We stopped going there when it started to feel a bit 'seedy' but also the type of holidays we took changed.

This year, the first trip in our Motorhome was to Sant Pere Pescador in Spain where we decided to visit a naturist section of the beach. We'd forgotten how nice it was to swim and sunbathe without swimwear - no zebra stripes. I guess its difficult to explain that feeling of the fresh air on the whole of your body, we'll definitely be going naturist again.
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 13-08-2011, 17:23

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
We were great fell walkers in our youth

we swam naked in many of the high tarns in the lake district, and in the evenings in Ullswater

When we travelled to Israel over forty yrs ago we camped on the beaches (you could then) and swam naked in the sea

There is not a feeling like it so completely free

Not sure I could now, but would love to give it a try just to recapture the feeling

Aldra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page