Holkham Beach - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 28-06-2013, 09:37 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Hymer B544
Holkham Beach

I've heard on the grapevine that naturist sunbathing is to be banned in the dunes and on the beach at Holkham from July 1st 2013.
I can understand Holkham Estates being able to enforce the ban in the dunes but not on the beach. I'll give it a go IF the sun comes out soon.
More info Google Holkham Beach.

JEFF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 28-06-2013, 11:18

Morning all,

They might try to enforce the ban by the Antisocial behavior legislation which is to be presented to parliament soon . The same legislation might be used against Wild camping.

norm
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 28-06-2013, 12:20

It was on the local news last week.

It all stems from complaints about too much nookie in the dunes &/or on the beach apparently.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 28-06-2013, 12:49

My Motorhome: 2007 Hymer B654
My wife read a few days ago that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge like the beach and so they were banning nudism, just in case they want to visit (once in a blue moon?) the beach. They are having a house done up for them at the Sandringham Estate, so the beach at Holkham would be nearby - I think there's a house in the trees that the Queen Mother used to own. Prince Harry might have liked it with the nudism though!
I used to own a property at Hunstanton with beach frontage and the deeds stated that the boundary extended into the sea, below the high tide line (I cannot remember the exact wording). Chances are that the Holkham Estates have similar boundary on the seaward side and, as such, would be in a position to be able to enforce the ban on the beach. I would imagine that they have made the Royal couple an excuse for bringing in the changes in the rules.

DavidL
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 28-06-2013, 12:50

My Motorhome: 2007 Hymer B654
My wife read a few days ago that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge like the beach and so they were banning nudism, just in case they want to visit (once in a blue moon?) the beach. They are having a house done up for them at the Sandringham Estate, so the beach at Holkham would be nearby - I think there's a house in the trees that the Queen Mother used to own. Prince Harry might have liked it with the nudism though!
I used to own a property at Hunstanton with beach frontage and the deeds stated that the boundary extended into the sea, below the high tide line (I cannot remember the exact wording). Chances are that the Holkham Estates have similar boundary on the seaward side and, as such, would be in a position to be able to enforce the ban on the beach. I would imagine that they have made the Royal couple an excuse for bringing in the changes in the rules.

DavidL
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 28-06-2013, 13:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalspa
Prince Harry might have liked it with the nudism though!
How would he get his pool table down on the beach?

I thought Kate was caught with her bra down as well wasn't she?

Now she's pregnant the telephoto lens might not be needed either.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 28-06-2013, 18:11

My Motorhome: Burstner Elegance i821G 2006
AFAIK the ban stems from "Anti-social" behaviour by a minority of men and possibly women using nudism as an excuse for outdoor congress.

The total ban affects many innocent and "normal" people.

Shame that the idiot minority spoil it for everyone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page