nudefest - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 177 (permalink) Old 22-03-2013, 01:57

Location: Summer - Overton, Hampshire: Winter - La Manga, Spain
My Motorhome: Eura Mobil Integra 810 HB-L is sold and gone. Hobby 650 Prestige caravan for Winters in Spain
Well, yes - but you get the idea

Cheers

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 177 (permalink) Old 22-03-2013, 02:00

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 85 2007
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyDave
I am not a naturist but I think of it like riding a motorbike - hard to justify/explain to someone who doesn't, but the feeling of freedom and camaraderie with like-minded people is hard to beat.

Cheers

Dave
That's exactly what I told her. But she still hand bagged me.

I'm not signing anything.

The two impulses in travel are to get away from home, and the other is to pursue something - a landscape, people, an exotic place. Certainly finding a place that you like or discovering something unusual is a very sustaining thing in travel.
post #13 of 177 (permalink) Old 22-03-2013, 04:09

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Re: sane

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemyob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev_n_Liz
Excuse the question but I've never understood the charm of nudity in the company of more than one person, maybe three when I was younger

We have a particular wild camping spot where it is so quiet and remote you can see and hear any approaching vehicles, although walkers present a challenge and I've been known to go naked there, but what is the attraction of being with other lots of people when naked, I should imagine the novelty of seeing other naked people soon wears off.

I'm not suggesting it shouldn't be done, just curious as to why any sane person would want to do it.
Why not?
If it was like that, there would be no clothes only beaches I think.
post #14 of 177 (permalink) Old 22-03-2013, 07:43

The thought of nudity where ever it is would be wonderful, the thought of getting on a motorbike where ever it is would be horrendous, so I totally agree its a matter of what floats your boat.

However I would never be brave enough to do either which makes me no fun at all

Mandy

Never let anyone take away your dance in this life. They just canĀ“t hear the music you hear.
post #15 of 177 (permalink) Old 22-03-2013, 09:07

My Motorhome: 2002 Bessacarr E745.
Send a message via AIM to Pudsey_Bear Send a message via Yahoo to Pudsey_Bear
Done the bikes since I was 13, but did naked since day one, then I was made to wear clothes

No comment from the nudists so far ?
post #16 of 177 (permalink) Old 22-03-2013, 09:20

My Motorhome: In my dreams
In the sixties when on HMS London we did missle firing at very large toy aircraft launched from the French Navy Base on Isle du Levant.

I was sent to the island with a couple of others as representatives of the Royal Navy and my Queen and country. Big mistake. (see later).

First of all these toy aircraft that have a ridiculously long name which I cannot remember are not meant to be hit by the missiles as they are very expensive.

Needless to say, they were French and we were English and we shot down all their aircraft in one go and so the exercise didn't last for very long at all but gave me time to have a two or three day holiday on this beautiful island.

Not necessarily in the order that it happened as memory is crap but what did happen at some point I list below.

1... We played the French at football in the dining hall with a mop head. I would like to say we won but I honestly cannot remember due to they serve wine at lunch time and I may have drunk to much.

2...Not photography was allowed and on the way too the base main gate I was arrested for taking a pic of a beautiful butterfly on a leaf. Back to the main buildings and a long wait for an English Officer to sort out the mess. He then gave me a lift to the village outside the main gate together with, as I remember, some mention on letting the side down and what didn't I understand about no photography allowed.

3... The village. Outside the shop was a rack of revolving postcards, many I noticed with naked people on. It was then I thought I had died and gone to heaven. A young woman came out to serve me naked except for a g string or something anyway. As I was paying I then noticed many half naked people walking about. I took a couple of pix with some Danish people and made friends with an American girl who apparently had a rich Dad who took a shine to me and we went to the beach which was in fact a pile of rocks. While sunbathing I noticed that no one was looking at all at the totally naked women except me until...... roll of drums..... an ordinary but roughly twenty year old emerged from the sea. She had a tummy chain on (probably wrong description) and it seemed because of this all the men looked at her. They had certainly not taken any notice of even more attractive women in the sea so it must have been the chain thing.

4... A lovely day and Yank lady invited me to a big party that was on in a huge private villa and it is from this point I have to say I let the side down. I know. You find it hard to believe that I would do this. Even I was surprised at the carnage I was later to cause.

5... I think it was because I drunk a little to much and decided to take all my clothes off and dance around the villa. I was the only true naturist it appeared to be at the party and Yank lady disappeared I think with embarrassment. What happens next is partially due to flashes of memory and partly due to the charge sheet later on when I got back to the ship.

6...The French Navy base takes up most of this beautiful island which you can get to on a ferry from Cassius for example although going out we went on a French torpedo boats like our Brave class. I will cover going back now. I had no money at all and the money the Navy gave me for such expenses had been drunk. I sat by the ferry wondering how I could get back when Yank Lady came up to find out how I got on. I told her the story in para 7. She kindly gave me the ferry money but didn't think it was really worth while swapping addresses and with the headache I had I couldn't be bothered to be upset.

7... There are two road that go over most of the island. Both start from just inside the Navy base gate but the distance to the buildings is the entire length of the island. A long way when you can hardly stand up anyway. At the fork a short way along I found out after walking I thought for miles I came to a lighthouse and dead end. I had taken the wrong fork. It was pitch black and the lighthouse was not working and I was very cold having no clothes on. Not even footwear. Then I saw what was a huge canvas lump an on investigation I swear to God it was a snow plough or at least looked like it to me. I got the cover off and got it started simply by pressing a button and then was puzzled as there was no steering wheel. Just a big leaver each side of the seat. I sussed out in the end what was probably required and then set off with a thunderous roar back down the road I had just walked up.

All I can say as that journey is a complete blank is that I woke up in my room being shaken by the same and only Officer that came with us demanding to know what the hell this huge bulldozer was doing outside my door and did I realise that I had churned up all their lawns and flower beds as I apparently had taken "the as the crow flies" approach to navigating.

I was in disgrace and as you can imagine was really whacked by the Jimmy on defaulters and of course, I had let the side down and badly.

But the point of this story which I can in part prove as I still have the pics of outside the base - the roll with the butterfly on was removed and destroyed and will post them if anyone wants to see them when I get back from M keynes later on today. And the point is..

8... The point. When I got back on board I kid you not but those two or three day I had enjoyed (not all of it as a skunk) left me feeling as though I had just enjoyed a long two week holiday. I felt relaxed and some how clean.

And so it was to recapture this experience I joined on my return to UK, Five Acres in Bricket wood where I met the best friends I ever had and when I was suffering hard times they gave me a house to live in and a car to drive. Sadly years later they divorced and moved to different parts of the country and we lost touch.

I was up at the club most weekends with my girlfriend at the time and had mega picknicks and mega parties in the evening. And sometimes during the week I used to pop in to join a coven of reps who were busy filling in fictitious call sheets with the aid of a single copy of Yellow pages passed around for all to use while sunning themselves.

At that time I was talking to my Bio Father who was and artist and was amazed that he was one of the original members of Speilplatz. I knew after the war he was in a commune in Harrow for artists and models (one of which my bio Mum) and they were hippies long before hippies came out but for pop music read jazz.

I left if the end when I was older. It was not a pleasant experience seeing women vomit as I walked pass or even worse pointing at me and laughing at the size of my willy. (Those with exceptional eyesight anyway)

I want to die quietly in my sleep like my Uncle did. Not screaming and shouting like his passengers.
post #17 of 177 (permalink) Old 22-03-2013, 11:39

Personal Aire
Just the average run ashore then Puss

Well a bit below average if you can remember that much without prompts from the shore patrol.

Its strange that ex-pats never caught on to Naval grippo runs and always sent out invites with the hope that we would be happy with cake and lemonade. Uniquely in Rio they supplied girls as well!! Whereas in Abu Dhabi we were disappointedly only loaned the local sheik's racing camels! Sailors and camels definitely don't mix well.

The two impulses in travel are to get away from home, and the other is to pursue something - a landscape, people, an exotic place. Certainly finding a place that you like or discovering something unusual is a very sustaining thing in travel.
post #18 of 177 (permalink) Old 22-03-2013, 11:43

My Motorhome: In my dreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacerunner
Sailors and camels definitely don't mix well.
Any port in a storm is my view.

Certainly a "step up" to Bugis Street.

I want to die quietly in my sleep like my Uncle did. Not screaming and shouting like his passengers.
post #19 of 177 (permalink) Old 22-03-2013, 13:23

I am always amused and interested when reading comments from non Naturists in these forums. ( The Carry on culture is obviously still as strong as ever in the UK). Also posting titillating pictures of naked young women to me also seems an odd thing to to do on this forum.
The Naturists on the other hand do seem to put up very strong and sensible arguments justifying their culture.

Tel.
post #20 of 177 (permalink) Old 22-03-2013, 13:26

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardman

The Naturists on the other hand do seem to put up very strong and sensible arguments justifying their culture.

Tel.
go on then, enlighten the great unwashed!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page