Very strongly recommended ebook - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

6Likes
  • 1 Post By Penquin
  • 1 Post By barryd
  • 1 Post By Ozzyjohn
  • 1 Post By H1-GBV
  • 2 Post By JanHank

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 15-04-2020, 11:44 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Very strongly recommended ebook

MrsW and I have sat in bed the last few nights with our Kindles and every now and then laughter has cut the air.....,.,

We have BOTH been reading the same book, although I started ahead of her and (sadly) have now finished.

This book is light and very funny and obviously written by someone who knows several areas very well; the reported activities of those supposedly in charge, motorhome - particularly a Hyner I suspect, the vast knowledge that needs to be acquired to use one, French driving , roads, roundabouts and aires and the vagaries of who you encounter along the way.

The descriptions of activities are brilliant, generating mental images that are second to none, as are the accurate descriptions of driving from the Uk through France, via Rouen......

It is impossible to fully do this book justice but in this time when we are ALL staying at home for so much more time and cannot use our MH's I can seriously recommend this book, it is fun and I am sure will be enjoyed by all.

This is the first time that I have ever recommended a book in this way and I do urge you to download a copy - you WILL enjoy it (or else.... ) .

Oh, yes, I had better tell you the name of the book so that you can search for it;

The Wrong Conclusions by Scott Redington (author) as Kindle describes it...

Go on, read it and then tell me your thoughts
Matchlock likes this.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 15-04-2020, 11:58

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,103 Times in 956 Posts
Personal Aire
Scott Redington is a member on here. Geriatricbackpacker. Also appears on Fruitcakes. Ive read his book "Dont treat the joke as a job" about his life in the met and as a Royal protection officer. Hilarious but also very interesting.
Penquin likes this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 15-04-2020, 12:00 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
I chose not to mention that simple fact and yes, we have both also enjoyed the book that you mentioned...

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 15-04-2020, 12:23

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Yes Dave. It's the one and only book I have ever downloaded (because it was free) and found it hilarious.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our life´s savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 15-04-2020, 13:58

My Motorhome: Frankia Platin I8400QD
The reviews look good . . . 😉
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 75B45FC5-3820-4575-8070-CE2801FD2F00.jpg (165.6 KB, 11 views)
raynipper likes this.

If only I could think of an original, witty signature . . . this is where it would be . . .
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 15-04-2020, 16:11

I've just finished proof-reading his third novel (The Right Conclusions) but please don't blame me for any errors! It is a follow-on with some of the same characters and Terry may be publishing it soon, but at the moment he is busy volunteering for the local authority plus other activities.

IMO his best book is "The Menopausal Backpacker", published under the slightly different pseudonym of Redington-Scott. It's about a holiday in India, something dear to his heart.

Money raised by these books is used to support COPS (Care Of Police Survivors) but he did put them out free of charge recently.

Gordon
The Following User Says Thank You to H1-GBV For This Useful Post:
rws4711 (18-04-2020)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 15-04-2020, 16:34 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Thanks Gordon,

Yes we downloaded "The Menopausal Backpacker" and that is my / our next read....

I will REALLY look forward to the "Right Conclusions" but also hope that it is NOT the conclusion of these books - they are really well worth reading and I would/could never criticise proof-reading as mine is atrocious as anyone who has tried to decipher my posts will affirm.

But, if you think my typing is bad, you should see my heiroglyphics handwriting.. I should definitely have been a Doctor - I am more than half way there already with my illegible writing... It was the most common comment on my school reports and I swear I only got a "good honours degree" because they did not want to admit they couldn't decipher anything I had written....

I will look forward to the next book and totally agree with his support of COPS. They have a great deal to do and not well known.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 15-04-2020, 20:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquin View Post
But, if you think my typing is bad, you should see my heiroglyphics handwriting.. I should definitely have been a Doctor - I am more than half way there already with my illegible writing... It was the most common comment on my school reports.
You should see mine! In Y8 I was caned every week by the Science teacher and made to re-write my work, which he usually accepted. When I was double caned and made to rewrite the already re-written work, as well as "this" weeks work, Mum went and complained to the Head (the only time I recall her failing to support the teachers). He nearly destroyed my love of Science but I persevered and I also got a good honours degree from a Russel Group university.

As a teacher myself I insisted that quality of thought was more important than quality of writing, and definitely more important than presentation and pretty drawings. When "literacy" made an appearance the Head of English presented a document to the entire teaching staff, with the Head's approval, insisting that we punish anyone whose writing was "poor". I made an impassioned speech, telling the above story, and the policy was ditched!

My doctor was embarrassed when I corrected his spelling on a document which he was writing in front of me and I was reading upside down. He couldn't believe my ability to decipher his scrawl.

Thank goodness for word processors! - Gordon

[But even they allow some mistakes to creep through, especially when using predictive text on the phone.]
Penquin likes this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 16-04-2020, 12:04

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
If you didn't learn anything else from `The wrong conclusion´ I bet you did learn to always carry bin bags with you.
H1-GBV and Penquin like this.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page