Oaktree motorhomes - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 07:15 Thread Starter

Oaktree motorhomes

]morning to you all .not a newbie just returned after a long break with a caravan now sold and back to motorhome just bought from oaktree must say not impressed with them up to now.still waiting for a returned phone call.anybody had dealings with them.would be interesting to hear positive remarks thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 07:55

Morning Caravanman,

Sorry, not positive. We visited them once, and won't be back, and glad to say we've been fortunate not to have had any dealings with them. If you search the forums, I don't think you'll find many positive comments about them.

Hope you get customer satisfaction in the end.

Cheers,

Jock.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 08:19

My Motorhome: Hymer B644
They have mixed reviews,some are pleased with them,others think they are poor have a look HERE for their results in company reports.

cheers Steve

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 13:24

Hi,we bought our autocruise from them at the lincoln show last year,we have no worrys with them so far, all ok,we didnt need a 2hr handover as we are experienced motorhomers but they were good to deal with,when we saw the van we were left to look at our own time but i did point out that the fiamma was not closed properly and they said they would rectify,they did,when we arrived to pick up the van they had put a brand new one on ,was i pleased,the only other problem was afew weeks later when we noticed the tyre walls were craized but we had a tyre check at quick fit who said they wernt dangerous but advised changing due to age,we contacted them and sent pics of the walls and after speaking to a guy called gary they sent us half towards a new set of four tyres,we cannot say we have had a problem with them at all,or the van wich we love ,i hope this helps regards chrisda
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 13:50

Hi there
We bought from them last November.

We used them because we wanted a Eura Mobil MH and they were about the only people in the UK with new vehicles in stock.

As newbies we were not sure what to expect.

But our experience was that they left you to look over vans for as much time as you wanted with absolutely no selling pressure.

We did get a bit of money knocked of the (new) MH and came to an arrangement about additions (at no cost to us) of bike rack and awning. We split the cost of an alarm system between us.

The handover was very thorough (by Gary I think) although to be honest we probably did not know what to expect from a handover. The van was very clean on handover and they put the water on so that we could test it. They also threw in a very long EHU for free.

We had an issue with the van because when the alarm was put in the company fitting the alarm re-connected the indicators the wrong way round. We rang Oaktree who told us to take it to the local Fiat main dealer (cos at that point we did not know what the issue was with the indicators) and the vehicle was of course under warranty. HWMBO had a bit of a problem with the Fiat garage because they did not think it was under warranty (old issue previously covered on this forum) and when it was discovered that it was the alarm-fitting company's fault Oaktree sorted the cost of the work done by the Fiat garage out for us no problems - we did not even have to pay Fiat and then get our money back.

We have not had any further problems with the van, we absolutely love the van and we would not hesitate to use Oaktree again even though it is about 120 miles away from home.

Can only speak as I find.

Milly
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 19:07 Thread Starter

well thanks for the replys regarding oaktree. they have not impressed me yet so will see how it goes ..... cheers
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 21:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by caravanman
well thanks for the replys regarding oaktree. they have not impressed me yet so will see how it goes ..... cheers
Please, do tread carefully.

Regards,

Jock.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 21:24

Oaktree and Brownhills have both received critics and praise from members.
Check vehicle thoroughly before signing the delivery note and fully inspecting the vehicle.

Dave p

Edit

It s better to get opinions prior to purchase, not after.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 21:37

Nice to read some positive stories about dealers after recent events.

Gary,
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 20-05-2019, 16:15

My Motorhome: I drive...
Cool Oaktree Motorhomes 2019

I notice all the messages here are very old, would be good to get some updated information.

We have been doing research on Oaktree, Brownhills and Marquis along with a few others and have been blown away by how shockingly bad the reviews for Brownhills Newark and Marquis Leisure are. We have mainly been looking on Trustpilot, Google reviews and forums.

Marquis Leisure seem to be absolutely terrible but strangely for a national company that has many branches they have very few reviews :hmmm fishy. About half of reviewers give Marquis the lowest rating possible and i'm sure some of you remember the Lee Owens fiasco https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/3951...hters-holiday/ obviously we won't be buying from Marquis Leisure, we have no idea why people still do?

Looking at Brownhills Newark they seem to have quite a few happy customers but there are a lot of very unhappy customers regularly reviewing them. It would be nice to be one of their happy customers and we have seen a couple of nice vans there which would suit us but we don't want to be one of their seriously unhappy customers.

I presume Oaktree Motorhomes have improved a lot over recent years as their reviews are excellent everywhere we look (discounting some very old comments). There is the odd bad review but very few and you can't please everyone. After reading a lot of reviews we are pretty set on buying from Oaktree as they seem to be one of the best dealers we have ever seen from a customer review point of view.

Does anyone have any more up to date comments or recent experiences with Oaktree Motorhomes they could share here please

Thanks

Mick & Jane

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page