Potential fraud ***Hymer 614 For Sale*** - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 10:12

I was emailing this Clair Dove person also and got the exact same reply, was all very dodgy as the user ID she was using in eBay didn't match the ad and then it suddenly dissappeared. I contacted eBay and they said stay well clear. Her email address is no longer working now anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 10:50

Be warned, there are a number of 'listings' on allegedly ebay, mainly for pre-aproved buyers offering vans at silly money.

Check the browser bar address and it will not be a straight ebay one and you will find the feedback option does not work either or contact seller.

You will also find that if you search for the item number it is NOT on ebay.

At the listed prices I would be there before any one with my cheque book!!

Peter
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 10:57

My Motorhome: Pilote 740C Sensation
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow-Chasers
Buy one from a forcourt, pay the extra, get a warranty. There seems to be quite a few motor home scams going on ebay of late!

Marquis have a standard 3 year warranty now, which could be handy?
I agree with your advise regarding ebay scams but in my personal experience Marquis insurance backed MH warranties arn't worth the paper there written on. If tempted I suggest you get a copy of the document and check the number of exclusions even on Gold cover.

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 14:26

another one?

Hi there was a similar one about regarding a Bessacar the chap said he was in Germany after buying it to live in in the UK. I checked it out that it was not stolen or a write off but the chap was very cagey, He said it could only be bought through e bay I offered to travel to Germany to view the van and then I would pay for it through e bay but he came up with all sorts of reasons why I could not view it so be warned as stated previously if it is to good to be true it usually is!!
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 14:30

Its deffo a scam, i had the same from ebay on a BMW, near the same wording also!!!
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 14:39

It's not actually on ebay, the start of the website is

http://arbdcgi3-ebay.com/

when it should be

http://cgi.ebay.com/

It's a mirror website, if you try to click on the feedback of the seller or their ratings etc it just shows error messages. Therefore if you go ahead with the sale you are not protected by Ebay's protection rules as it was never really on there.

Furthermore the escrow company they will use to "hold" your money as you await delivery will be fake and you'll never see your money or the camper van again!
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 21:46

Scam

There are organised gangs carring out these scams day and night 24/7.As there are "factories"in Nigeria sending out scams everyday.I nearly fell for one advertising a Herald Motorhome on Ebay.This time it was a French man who had taken the vehicle back to France.He sent me the Reg nos to HPI it which I did.Of course it was clear as the Vehicle was actualy for sale at a Dealers.The photo's and Discription had been "lifted"from the Dealers websiteUnfortunatly there are some who getted caught and part with their cash.Hard Lesson to learn
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 23:12 Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to stevee4 Send a message via MSN to stevee4
Scam fraud

That last comment is exactly why we need to post experiences like this on sites like this.

To warn others!!
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 23:00

To warn others is the only way, as it appears ebay are slow on the uptake to respond when I reported a mercedes this week. They have not responded to my email and the motorhome is listed twice this week. It has all the trademark features that the other posters have listed above. It is apparently in Spain (not). Shame this sort of thing goes on. Max

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page