Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Sun canopy

1K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Pudsey_Bear 
#1 ·
Good morning all.
I would like to fit a sun canopy to my Fiat Ducato Autotrail 2001.
Being new to motorhoming at the age of 65 and being female i am confused on what will fit and how to fit it.
I am fortunate enough to have the assistance of a couple of friends who have offered to fit it , if i get it.
If anyone could point me in the right direction or recommend a suitable canopy i really would appreciate it.
Thank you.

#5 ·
Good morning First Timer Female, may we have a decent name to call you please :grin2:

I am surprised your Autotrail doesn't have a canopy if the above is what you mean.
I have an Autotrail Navajo build in 2014 and came with one which we/I don´t ever use.

There are a few lady loaner on the forum, me being one, most are widows including me, none of us are youngsters, most older than you.
Anyway I just wanted to greet you to the forum, the men will sort you out, if you know what I mean. :laugh:
I also think it would be beneficial to you if you became a subscriber otherwise you will only have a limited amount of posts to ask, I would imagine being new to the Motorhome you will need to ask a lot of questions and our boys are always happy and willing to answer no matter how silly they might seem (the questions not our boys:grin2:)
I am Jan, but answer to a few other nicknames as well.

#11 ·
Sorry Jan, got totally lost and couldnt find how to reply. Been browsing today and hey what do you know there i am. Having worked for many years on computers but only certain programs, im still learning this website. Thank you to those who replied to my question and once this rain has eased up i will go and measure the mh before starting my search for a canopy.
Still cant work out how to pay subscription fee
Thanks for the warm welcome .
Sue

#13 ·
What you buy may depend on the van you have and its age to determine what sort of price you want to pay. FIAMMA is probably the brand leader in the UK and the easiest to fit (van dependent ) and easiest to put up. We have had one on every van we've had but probably only used a very few times due to the weather. Not good on windy days.

#15 ·
I'd have to agree with that, I've seen a couple of awnings get flipped over the top of their respective units because they weren't pegged down. One didn't do any damage but the other one did much to the distress of the owner.

Word to the wise, if you're putting your awning out, always peg it down from the minute you've wound it out!

#16 ·
I got a awning tent thing and a motorhome cover with this van which I'm selling as we'll never use them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.