Adria twin suspension - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 29-07-2019, 11:03

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayc View Post
There was so much confusion in the MOT testing systems that instruction had to be issued with regards to motorhome / camper long bump stops touching the springs. There were multiple failures due to testers not being aware of the design characterisics.

https://mattersoftesting.blog.gov.uk...4pulHQ9maR9Pvg
Bit tecknicacle for me, but I think I get it

As we are talking brakes why do our breaks screech when I just gently tough them to slow down slowly?

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 29-07-2019, 11:03

My Motorhome: Pilote 740C Sensation
Personal Aire
With regards to the OP a set of Airide rear suspension units, including fitting, should cost less than a third of the price he has been quoted.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 29-07-2019, 11:06

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanHank View Post
Bit tecknicacle for me, but I think I get it

As we are talking brakes why do our breaks screech when I just gently tough them to slow down slowly?
"If you find that your brakes only squeal at low speed there are a number of causes. Some high-performance brakes will often squeal at lower speeds and with gentle braking when new, but will no longer make this noise once the brakes have been bedded in. Another factor causing brake squeal at lower speeds is that as many new cars are fitted with harder brake pad materials they have a higher tendency to squeak especially at lower speeds.

Squealing brakes at low speeds can also be caused by dirt or debris trapped within the braking mechanism causing an area to rub resulting in a high pitched squeal. At higher speeds, the rubbing occurs more quickly which can result in a different frequency that is no longer audible."
https://www.stoneacre.co.uk/blog/wha...squeaky-brakes
JanHank likes this.

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 29-07-2019, 11:14

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Quote:
"If you find that your brakes only squeal at low speed there are a number of causes. Some high-performance brakes will often squeal at lower speeds and with gentle braking when new, but will no longer make this noise once the brakes have been bedded in. Another factor causing brake squeal at lower speeds is that as many new cars are fitted with harder brake pad materials they have a higher tendency to squeak especially at lower speeds.

Squealing brakes at low speeds can also be caused by dirt or debris trapped within the braking mechanism causing an area to rub resulting in a high pitched squeal. At higher speeds, the rubbing occurs more quickly which can result in a different frequency that is no longer audible."
https://www.stoneacre.co.uk/blog/wha...squeaky-brakes
Thank you, Your real name isnt Brian by any chance Ray? when someone knows so much I always think of the baked beans add when the little boy says to his brother "You know everything Brian"

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 29-07-2019, 11:17

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanHank View Post
Thank you, Your real name isnt Brian by any chance Ray? when someone knows so much I always think of the baked beans add when the little boy says to his brother "You know everything Brian"
I'll take that as a compliment - I think
JanHank likes this.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 29-07-2019, 12:00
EJB

My Motorhome: Burstner Nexxo t620G
Would like to know the tyre pressures used for those with the problem?

Ted.
I try and state simple facts in a nice way.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 30-07-2019, 10:11 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...
Hi,many thanks for your link re MOT issues explaining that they are not bump stops as such but Aeon springs which are hollow albeit a very primitive suspension assist.When i had the conversation with Adria at no time did they say they were Aeon springs and not bump stops and appeared to be more concerned regarding all the safety boxes were ticked and seemed unaware what the suspension components actually did
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 30-07-2019, 10:24 Thread Starter

Quote:
With regards to the OP a set of Airide rear suspension units, including fitting, should cost less than a third of the price he has been quoted.
Yes you are correct in saying it can be cheaper but the cheaper system can only be adjusted manually/ physically pumping or a trip to the air point at a garage ,the cost for a Dunlop system would be around 600 or the full system 1500 supplied with a on board compressor and two pressure gauges one for each rear suspension allowing in cab adjustment depending load
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 30-07-2019, 10:26

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Rutter View Post
Hi,many thanks for your link re MOT issues explaining that they are not bump stops as such but Aeon springs which are hollow albeit a very primitive suspension assist.When i had the conversation with Adria at no time did they say they were Aeon springs and not bump stops and appeared to be more concerned regarding all the safety boxes were ticked and seemed unaware what the suspension components actually did
If the rear end is heavy then AirRide units may be the way to go. Kits are available for about 450 and fitting about an hour
https://airride.co.uk/air/shop/van-m...-2006-present/
The Following User Says Thank You to rayc For This Useful Post:
Colin Rutter (30-07-2019)
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 30-07-2019, 10:30 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJB View Post
Would like to know the tyre pressures used for those with the problem?
The supplying dealership recommends 79 psi the maximum for the tire is 80 psi so it does seem very high....not sure if you can run on a lower pressure but it would certainly help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page