Motorhome Facts Forum banner

solar panel

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  barryd 
#1 ·
Hi
I dont have any information about solar panels on my motorhome.Im driving a 2008 Lunar motorhome,Theres a solar panel on the roof measuring about 36 inches x 18 inches but im not sure how these work .Where are they wired in to?I cant find any wires coming from it.Solar panels are new to me .I would be grateful if anyone can help me
Regards Martin

#3 · (Edited)
It should be wired directly to a charge controller then from there to your leisure battery and possibly your vehicle battery as well?

There are normally no other controls as it charges as and when the sun shines....alongside the vehicle alternator, when travelling, and a battery charger when on electric Hook Up.

If no wires through the roof it isn't connected??

Attachments

#4 ·
Often run down into the fridge cavity and connected via a regulator to the heavy 12v cables there.

Ray.

#6 ·
Always remember that with a good size Solar panel, refillable gas system, own facilities and decent batteries the World is your lobster.

:grin2:

#10 ·
I would be very surprised if someone has fitted a panel to your MH and NOT wired it in!

Just because you cannot see any cables doesn’t mean they are not there somewhere.
Have you asked the previous owner, or the dealer you purchased it from??

Andy

Reactions: horsieman16
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.