Motorhome Facts Forum banner

I am Back

2K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  SaddleTramp 
#1 ·
Hi everybody who knows me, Very Glad to announce that I am back Motor-homing after a 4 year absence through illnesses and Baby Sitting, Something that I have missed very much indeed and cannot wait to get the wheels rolling again, Hope to see you on the flip flop :laugh:

#7 ·
Thanks everyone, God this is awful I am itching to go and not got a unit yet, Hope to solve that problem This evening.

#17 ·
Afraid not, Her indoors didn't like it at all, I think main reason is because we have always had fairly large units and so had plenty of room, But I learned through illness that if you have a big unit and something happens it is extremely hard and very expensive to get it home, My son has a standard license so can only drive up to 3.5 tonne, We used to have the large units so we could take the family with us or they could come to us and stay with us, But they have all left the roost now and have their own kids so a smaller unit is fine for us and we can still take the grand kids if we want.
So we spent a few days and plenty of hours scouting around and finally found what we consider to be just right for us.
It has the things we like ie A Nice Bed, A drinks Cabinet, an Awning, Plenty of storage space and is in extremely good condition.

#16 ·
Unfortunately Not (Yet) Gone smaller now I am old and wrinkled :surprise: bought a Chausson Flash 08 this after noon, Very good nick and low miles, Looking to book it in for Air suspension and Hydraulic levelers ASAP, Then will be fitting a few extras myself when I have time.
the itching has been scratched at last. :grin2::p

#18 ·
Good gracious. There's a blast from the past!

Welcome back - You deserve a medal to have even found MHF under it's new owners.

I'm looking forward to reading about your new adventures.

#26 ·
Welcome back Les - and thanks for some interesting insights into levelling jacks. Have you decided which ones to go for yet?

Regards,
John
Hi mate, Yes I am going for the EP ones, I have had 2 sorts before these and Goldschmidt the EP ones were by far the best.

Reactions: Ozzyjohn
#25 ·
Practice before you deploy in public!

I was on the aire in Córdoba last year and was royally entertained by someone using the levellers - they'd get one side way up, out of kilter, only for it to slam back to earth. Again and again - not kind to the chassis!

#27 ·
I don't know what type they were using but they definitely weren't EP you only press 1 button and they adjust until perfectly level, No one side up etc etc.
I have had them on 2 previous units and 1 other type and none did that, one unit I had a Fleetwood bounder had 6 legs on and they all went up together then just finely adjusted

Reactions: raynipper
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.